Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just thought I'd sau hello as I'm new to the forum. Where all you Soul owners from?
I thought of looking up to see if there was a owners club after going to the tip earlier today ( not in my soul bye the way) and seeing. Focus owners club sticker on a car there.
Does this forum have a official car sticker? If not anyone good with design that wants to put in any suggestions. Might be a great idea to help advertise the site.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ay up Russ,welcome to the forums, we Soul drivers are a diverse bunch and come from all over the place, we will meet up again somewhere this year so come along and introduce yourself, all welcome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SYLO77 & Davy. I'm good thanks. I thought we were all a bit of a mixed bunch. It's good to know that at least some soul owners are a bit on the younger side as a lot of the other owners around me seem to be a bit older. My girlfriend and I are early to mid 30's

Where abouts you people from?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mid 50,s me, still give you young bu##ers a run fer ya money (he he). I live in Cheltenham,Gloucestershire centre of the Cotswolds.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Born in Gods own country (yorkshire), currently on a witness protection programme hiding in North Wales (But dont tell anybody)..... of indeterminate age but unfortunately the body is lagging behind the mind.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Russ, it's good to learn that not only us oldies? can see a good design,great car and good value ,we are, shall we say, in our early second childhood at 64. We are living in the East Riding now we have retired early and both my wife and I have always tried to drive something different forour own car. When I had company cars it was always refreshing to drive a carthat was not the run of the mill at the weekend.I hope you are happy with the Soul ,we love it and now we have packed in work I hope that we can drop the mileage as we have done 27.5k since we had the diesel Tempest in March 10, not one problemwith it apart from one that has just started to give problems which is the misting up of the rear view camera.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yer I agree the soul is quite individual and it's also great to read the atricle about the hunter versus the joke(sorry juke) as my neighbour got one of them at the same time and just keeps going on about how they are more expensive as they think are just a better all round car! I know it's everyone's own preference but expense does not always mean better. We did lok at them also and I do like some bits but well happy with the soul.
Good to know you have not had any problems up to 27.5k is it a shaker you got as you have the rear camera?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's a Diesel Tempest model Russ, good spec inc sound system but would have liked the leather heated seats but you can't have everything. The Juke is awful ,I have not driven one but I was looking at one parked next to me the other day,the design is ugly in a very ugly way whereas the Soul is sort of ugly in a piggy sort of way but with attitude and a presence. It's also better built than the Juke and a damm sight better inside.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No Tempest my E type was beautiful the Soul has a presence that is atractive in aperculiarway that will be remembered in a same sort of way.The difference between Marylin Munroe and Jordan.We do have a Specsavers but I don't need glasses to see the sunshine we have while gales rage over UK.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
So my Soul is like Jordan????...... oh my god!!!....anyone wanna buy a Tempest!!!!.

The E-type is beautiful in an old fashioned and quaintly feminine, narrow hipped sort of way..... the Soul has a stocky, bullish and grounded look to it. As you say - both are gorgeous in different ways.

and yes - the weather is so bad here we got trees coming down and roads flooding.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I watched Fatima on "im a celebrity"..... she is one irritating bloke!!!!.... never before have i cheered on a cockroach.

Never seen "Swiss Tony"..... so its over my head with that one....whoosh.

I half expected to get a rise out of Dave for giving the E-Type feminine qualities....lol

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
As I said Tempest Jordan, stocky bullish andmaybe gorgeous is not quite the word to describe it more pouting with attitude.No Tempest I think the E Type was very feminine.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts