Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
pro ceed gt line s
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
i have the diesel 1.6 gt line s and maybe this is a silly question but where the electrics are concerned i don't have a clue.
my question is every time i put my reg in for a new bettery it comes up 70AH but the battey in my car (assume it is the stock one car is 3 year old) the battery i have in my car says 60AH? is it ok to put the 70 in my car??

thanks
Gaz

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
I replaced the battery in my Proceed a couple of years ago with an OEM one from my local KIA dealer; I noticed a similar upgrade in performance over the one that failed.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
Bear in mind even brand new batteries won’t be 100% charged when you fit them. Best to charge it before fitting it.

Reactions: gazman48 and iooi

·
Registered
pro ceed gt line s
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've also noticed that none of the batteries recomended for my car have the terminals on the same side i.e on mine the pos is on the left all the rec bats are pos on right??

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
i've also noticed that none of the batteries recomended for my car have the terminals on the same side i.e on mine the pos is on the left all the rec bats are pos on right??
Turn it through 180 degrees?

Seriously though, just buy one from a KIA dealer. I went through the same exercise of researching online, and just for a laugh I asked KIA, and they came out cheapest! They even offered to fit it for me. Go on, give them a call. The only thing is car dealers don't seem to carry anything in stock any more, so be prepared to wait a few days...

·
Registered
289 Posts
£70 is almost too cheap. I wonder what brand they use? Kia do not make their own batteries.
AGM battery is it? You're supposed to fit them to cars with stop/start.

Be interested to see how long it lasts.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
£70 is almost too cheap. I wonder what brand they use? Kia do not make their own batteries.
AGM battery is it? You're supposed to fit them to cars with stop/start.

Be interested to see how long it lasts.....
Not always. Many stop start cars use EFB batteries, but Kia have tended to use the AGM batteries. OP - Make sure you get the same battery type and 'size'.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not always. Many stop start cars use EFB batteries, but Kia have tended to use the AGM batteries. OP - Make sure you get the same battery type and 'size'.
Yes I know, that's why I mentioned AGM and not EFB, pretty pointless mentioning a battery type that's not fitted to the model is question isn't it?

My previous post was more to question the £70 price... That's very cheap for an AGM battery... I was asking the OP if the price he'd been quoted was for that battery type or not. Moot point though I guess as the OP hasn't revisited the thread to update things...

·
Registered
528 Posts
gazman48 stated "he didnt have a clue" when it came to electrics ! so if he ended up at the dealer it was probally for the best !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts