Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my previous post ,i was asking how to change the fuel filter, on a 08 crdi Rio.
having done that,i now find the car is using roughly a third more diesel than it was,any suggestions ?
to cure this,am i missing something ?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thats strange. Is it a genuine KIA filter as the after market ones are causing loads of problems.
I changed mine the other week with genuine one which I got off ebay for a tenner. A big saving as I think from KIA they are about £28. I have not noticed any increase in consumption.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I dont think unplugging the ECU and connecting back up after filter change would put it into a different mapping that would cause a fuel consumption issue. Its never done that on my Rio.
Viking Paul would be your best bet on this one. Try giving him a shout.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Trouble is trying to pm him these days is difficult since his inbox gets filled very quickly...even he is only allowed 5 messages in his inbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davy said:
Thats strange. Is it a genuine KIA filter as the after market ones are causing loads of problems.
I changed mine the other week with genuine one which I got off ebay for a tenner. A big saving as I think from KIA they are about £28. I have not noticed any increase in consumption.
yes its the genuine filter,and its not leaking,so i have ordered a new air filter that could be the cause of it.
do you have a link for the filter you got on ebay

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have noticed after both services the fuel economy drops a little.

Then after a tank full of fuel has been used it then picks back up again.
I suspect these are possibly related to the fact the car had a full service at the time so the oil would not be as good until it has heated and cooled a few times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts