Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new member of the group and wonder if I can ask some advice?

We have a Kia Venga 2013 auto which we bought in 2016 (58k miles to date), it has had regular services during that time but as far as we know it has never had any any major parts replaced (aside from tyres/brake pads), its now in need of oil/brake fluid change and replacement sparkplugs and new windscreen wipers which it will be done as part of its annual full service.
What sort of price should we be expecting to pay for this?

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.

A lot is going to depend on if you are looking at a Kia garage or a local independent that you are happy with.

As a guide to Kia prices. If you go through the book a service. it will give you a guide.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi & welcome.

A lot is going to depend on if you are looking at a Kia garage or a local independent that you are happy with.

As a guide to Kia prices. If you go through the book a service. it will give you a guide.

Registered
The car is out of warranty and it will be far cheaper to get the servicing done at an independent.. things like wiper blades are very much a DIY job and will save you a fair few bob over dealer prices alone

Registered
What you describe is what I had on mine as a 6 year full service and got charged 拢280 if I remember correctly (2018) and booked through the Kia website. If I had walked into the dealer off the street it would have been 拢315
Ignoring parts cost, the labour was listed as 1.5 hours.
The dealer missed stuff on mine, but that's a story for another thread

As Phil suggests, I'm guessing car is out of warranty being a 2013 so unless you have a specific reason wanting to keep a dealer service record, an independant will probably be much cheaper on the labour side ie: I think mine was 拢85 an hour when I had mine done at Kia Dealer, most independants are around 拢40 - 拢55 where I live.
This saves you 拢45 or ore which pretty much pays for oil / filter.

If you have a dealer service watch out for the "upsells".
They will attempt to upsell on the pollen filter and brake pads on a major service. Obviously they might be needed but as they are "unseen" items it is not uncommon for dealers to charge and not do the work or say it is needed when it isn't. Sadly this behaviour is still rife in the garage servicing world.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I am a new member of the group and wonder if I can ask some advice?

We have a Kia Venga 2013 auto which we bought in 2016 (58k miles to date), it has had regular services during that time but as far as we know it has never had any any major parts replaced (aside from tyres/brake pads), its now in need of oil/brake fluid change and replacement sparkplugs and new windscreen wipers which it will be done as part of its annual full service.
What sort of price should we be expecting to pay for this?

Thanks for replies everyone, looks like we may have paid over the odds but they won't have our business next service.

Super Moderator

Thanks for replies everyone, looks like we may have paid over the odds but they won't have our business next service.
Not sure where you live, but expect to pay a lot more in the south than you do up north. Due to dealers charging more for labour :)

Registered
Not sure where you live, but expect to pay a lot more in the south than you do up north. Due to dealers charging more for labour :)
Put my cursor on his flag and that didnt tell me either.. 馃槈馃槃

1 - 8 of 8 Posts