Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous 2 Kias were manual but I've now got a new KX3 auto. I love it but havn't towed with it yet. First trip will be 27th Jan. My question is. When towing should I leave it in auto or move the gears manually and once up to speed and cruise control is on put it in auto then ? Or do I just keep it to manual when towing.
My caravan is pretty heavy think it's about 1700 so I'm not wanting the auto to be searching up and down gears and guzzling fuel. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI - we have a 2004 Sorento and now use the automatic up to about 40mph then use tiptronic gears up in 5th gear - torque is great and when you get up to 5th you save about 10% revs - and diesel!! <Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I picked up my KX-3 auto last week & have towed with it twice taking my 1600kg single axle van to the dealers & back again. This is my third Kia Sorento all of which have been Auto. A 100 mile round trip on a variety of roads.

The new car is excellent, loads of torque/power, great handling, no yawing(had to fit air suspension on the 2007 facelift). Just leave it in Auto & drive normally you will be fine. It feels very solid & in complete control. I do think the new KX series is a massive leap forward, very happy with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 56 face lift 2.5 auto and i live in merseyside. I have towed a 6 birth to kent, Fishgard, Stirling and fort william and all was done in auto. I would only use the trip tronic on steep hills etc.
Its a fab car and im sure the new version is even better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well towed yesterday for the first time OMG it wasn't very comfortable. Rolling all over the place it was quite stomach churning. I certainly knew I had a van on the back.OK I was on a windy country road but what a difference between the 2008 Titan manual and the new KX3.When towinn with the Titan I wouldn't have known I had a van on the back The weight difference certainly makes it a different tow. Guess I'll just have to put up with it LoL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts