Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We're looking to purchase a 2012 Sportage but on the test drive I noticed some shuddering from the wheel under braking. I'm not car guru but some online searches suggest brake rotor wear. Mentioned to the dealer after the test drive and they said they'd get that looked into and fixed. Cause for alarm?

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my opinion, I would ask them if they are willing to change the discs and pads, then drive it again to see if it goes away. Or at least report on how true the discs are.
At the end of the day you are paying the money, I may be tempted to find another, if they are not responsive to your request.

·
Registered
195 Posts
They would not fix it as it would eat into the profit. I would not buy a car that I was not 100% happy with in every respect. Many others out there.Or reduce the price by a set of discs and pads - fitted elsewhere of course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@ old Henry
I am always of the thought "If you don't ask you don't get"
A dealer will always make at least circa £1000 or more per car in most cases, judging by my trade-ins and then forecourt resale price when put up for sale, so there is always some wiggle room. Due to our current circumstances, it is a buyers market they could have been sitting on non moving stock for months without sales so may need to shift a few double-quick.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Remember that if you do buy it and it is still the same. Under your consumer rights (2015) you have to give the dealer one chance to fix the issue. If they do not, then you have a right to reject the car.
That's when the fun starts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@iooi
Yes very good and valid point.
Also If you can pay by credit card or bank card, you then have the opportunity to chargeback, if you are not satisfied, I did this once when a Honda from a local independent dealer turned out to be a lemon.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hi all,

We're looking to purchase a 2012 Sportage but on the test drive I noticed some shuddering from the wheel under braking. I'm not car guru but some online searches suggest brake rotor wear. Mentioned to the dealer after the test drive and they said they'd get that looked into and fixed. Cause for alarm?
If they will look into it and fix it then no cause for alarm at all. It might just be that the car has been sitting about not driven for a while and a few hard stops could sort it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts