Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Venga 3 CRDI 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys, just recently became an owner of a Kia Venga 2016 CRDI 3, this is my first Kia and car that actually have some mod cons in it, previous car being a 2011 Renault clio bizu so bit of a jump in technology.

Just want to query if there is any way to tell if my Sat Nav maps need updating? The car was bought via a dealership and still under warranty so I'm assuming they should be up to date however I've noticed when driving some traffic light crossroads are showing up as roundabouts on the navigation system.

From what I've read and found out I've gathered we ring our dealership and request an update but would like to find out if there's any way of checking myself beforehand. I do know they stopped with the Venga's so maybe updates have stopped as well, but I have no clue if I'm honest,

Any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Depending on which stereo you have, you need to go to settings and find the version information.
it’ll list both the software and map versions
Usually start with EU then a two digit code. From searches on here, 10 = 2018, 11 = 2019 , 12 = 2020, 13 = 2021 etc etc
Obviously lower numbers will be older, so potentially yours could be 08 for example

·
Registered
Venga 3 CRDI 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on which stereo you have, you need to go to settings and find the version information.
Usually start with EU then a two digit code. From searches on here, 10 = 2018, 11 = 2019 , 12 = 2020, 13 = 2021 etc etc
Obviously lower numbers will be older, so potentially yours could be 08 for example
Perfect, thank you for the help and information!

·
Registered
Venga 3 CRDI 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried to check with the version mine is on and I've exhausted all options given to me in settings to try and find the version information, (Options shown in pic)

This being said I'm guessing the stereo I have may not be able to be updated, I have contacted my dealership to query this and they've said I'd have to book it in to check it and obviously update if needed.

Again thank you for your help!

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Just tried to check with the version mine is on and I've exhausted all options given to me in settings to try and find the version information, (Options shown in pic)

This being said I'm guessing the stereo I have may not be able to be updated, I have contacted my dealership to query this and they've said I'd have to book it in to check it and obviously update if needed.

Again thank you for your help! View attachment 10628
Try pressing and holding the “cog button” under the Nav button

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.