Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking through the Kia cars site( to much time on me hands) and was looking at the Quantum. Looks to me like an uprated Tempest. And noticed that they quote the Auto express test between the Hunter and the Nissan (DUKE) their words not mine.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My thoughts exactly..... the Tempest sold well - so lets do another one.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes quantum is practically the same and now comes with cruise control on both auto and manual

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've been after a Quantum but they aren't available ex stock till Jan/ Feb. Factory order only at the moment. The spec is the same as the Searcher was i.e. auto climatic control, leather upholstery, heated seats etc. I'm glad that the cruise control has now been added to the manual version as well! Couldn't understand why not at the launch. Must have had some technical difficulties with the 6 speed box to sort out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Was not included due to production facility issues, they had to re-jig the factory for inclusion on manuals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to say the Echo is perfect for me in every way but one and that was cruise control, but with verything else it has I can't really complain.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would say the Hunter has combined the Shaker & Tempest and the Quantum replaced the Burner. No doubt there'll be something new around when I have to give the Tempest up in 2 years time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm looking at this too, since my beloved tempest has died.Can somebody convince me that the parking sensors actually
work as I found the reversing camera to be essential and
cant really imagine driving any soul trim without one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
we had a ceed up until 3 weeks ago when i became the owner of a soul hunter , i loved the parking sensors, trusted them more than i do the camera on the hunter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I took the plunge today, Ordered a manual diesel Quantum and set up a trade in on my Shaker. Quantum is showing as in production on the Kia Intranet. Delivery expected Mid May. Hope I am as happy with the Quantum as I have been with the Shaker, though I will miss the sunroof!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi picked up my quantum crdi yesterday after a 6 month wait ! Had a shaker prior to this and must say I'm very pleased , the ride is a lot smoother , seems higher and the engine noise is less . The 6 speed gearbox is very smooth and the ratio seems just right .

1 - 20 of 63 Posts