Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I (can I ?) scroll through the phone book ?

The unit tells me it's downloaded, but how do I access it ?

Cheers,

WD

·
Registered
83 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think you can, to access your phone book to make a call you use voice commands.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In other words to place a call to "fred", press the button on the steering wheel and say "call Fred"

sorry if you already know this and I have missed the point

·
Registered
228 Posts
WDFrom what I can gather this option is only available on the Sat-Nav versions.
It uses the sat-nav screen display to show the phonebook.............(check the manual that comes with the Vehicle)
I may be completely wrong on this, but I have an iphone4S too, and although it tells me that it has downloaded the phonebook, as far as I can tell it only downloads your contacts so that when you say a name to dial (in REVERSE I might add !!!
) it knows which number to dial.
I have just got rid of a 5 year old Fiat to get the Sportage and this is a TOTAL step backwards .... I thought Technology was getting better not worse !! The Fiat not only allowed me to scroll through the phonebook but also allowed me to speak my contacts the correct way around....not reversed !!
The phonebook thing is especially frustrating as when you receive a call it tells you who is calling on the Radio display(in reverse !), so how difficult can it be to allow you to scroll through your phonebook ??
I set a post on the KIA Customer Support page and it wasn't until I asked them to respond that they deigned to answer.......... PANTS !!!
Their answer was 'There is a compatability issue with iPhone4S...please keep requesting information from your dealer as there is currently no update planned ' KCS - KIA Customer Service ??? ....more like KCS - KIA Cop-out Shirkers !!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's common sence you would have to read the names in reverse. Apple choose to link contacts in order of there surname. It's no different to my iPhone 4 although on the 4s, because Siri is sorry excuse for a program always running, it always has priority over all program's. I've a dock for my iPads and the voice recognition to play tracks works great, and works with my 4. But my brothers 4s doesn't work at all because your asking the phone not the Siri app.. I know it can be frustrating but my iPhone 4 works spot on and the correct way round on screen, i just have to say speak the wrong way round. So not really the cars fault.. The stereo was probably designed 2-3 years ago while the apple range of products get slapped together in under a week and put on the shop floor the fortnight after that...it's the idiots like us that pay over the odds that got the problems...!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interestingthread.

I have a KX2 with the standard audio andusean iPhone 4. This works perfectly in that it displays the correct name on the screen whensomeonecalls. To call them I say their name as it is in the phone, i.e. first name then last name. Then if the contact has more than one number thesystemasksmewhich number I want to call and lists out the available options. I tell it which one and it dials.

Try changing the sort order for contact under settings on you iPhone to First, Last and see if that helps. You may need todeletethe phone in the car and re-pair it to get the car to download the contacts in the correct order.

Some of the systemspronunciationis way off so the text to speech isn't very good, but apart from that it works fine.

odd that other have this problem and I don't seem to.

Edited by: mc505afm

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting ...

It would apear that mine does everything that it should then, but I would have liked to be able to scroll through my phone book on the stereo screen.

@ mc505afm please could you check these settings on your phone (setting / mail, contacts, calendar)

It might fix the name order issues that have been mentioned above

WD
Edited by: WD Pro

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mycontactssettings are set to sort order First,Last and display order First, Last

·
Registered
228 Posts
RichieD76 said:
So not really the cars fault.. The stereo was probably designed 2-3 years ago while the apple range of products get slapped together in under a week and put on the shop floor the fortnight after that...it's the idiots like us that pay over the odds that got the problems...!!
RichieD, I hear what you say , but you seem to have missed the point that I made about my 5 year old Fiat working fine.......
If Fiat can get it right 5 years ago, what makes it so difficult for KIA 5 years later !!??
My iPhone4S worked fine with the Fiat and I was also able to scroll through my phonebook on the Fiat.
KIA should surely be further on with Technology moving the way it is... not going backwards. ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts