Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post, only had the car (GT-Line) for 5 days overall very happy so far.

Question regarding the software update.

My current details are as follows:

Model: CDBS.S5BLC.AEU
Software Version: CD_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210809

My understanding there is a new version of the Software for that Model which has a different version number CD_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.22**** , as detailed here.

I am using the KIA Navigation Updater and whilst it finds the Model of the system and offers me the newer version, it never shows a Kia Proceed as being the vehicle even though it is a MY22.

Am I missing something here or do the Proceeds just fall under the Ceed in the updater software....

Thanks
CJ

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. The Sat Nav Update site can be a bit confusing, but I would recommend putting your current software version in and the updater will pick the right car. However the reason for the confusion is the site shows the model year when that model had a major specification change. For example my car is a MY20 but my specification was last updated for MY18.
Finally the six digit number in the software version is the date the software was released. So your cars current software was released on 09/08/21 (9th Aug 2021).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. The Sat Nav Update site can be a bit confusing, but I would recommend putting your current software version in and the updater will pick the right car. However the reason for the confusion is the site shows the model year when that model had a major specification change. For example my car is a MY20 but my specification was last updated for MY18.
Finally the six digit number in the software version is the date the software was released. So your cars current software was released on 09/08/21 (9th Aug 2021).
Thanks for the reply, so for what I am seeing in the attached screenshot is correct for Proceed 2021 GT Line (MY22)
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Has anyone upgraded to the newest version, is there any major upgrade features?
Thanks
CJ

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
474 Posts
It might also be worth mentioning that I think the current offering for you will be Feb this year but We're all waiting a new release anytime soon, if you want to hold off.

Reactions: iooi
1 - 8 of 8 Posts