Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,006 Posts
Old post resurrection!

No idea if the OP is still interested but Strav's post is timely reminder for me. Had my GT for exactly one year now, and have averaged in that time 37.6mpg (calculated) and 39.1mpg by the onboard. Should say through injury, I did't drive for two months through last summer, so these figure might be a bit pessimistic for my driving.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's some decent results, is that town driving? Ours doesn't seem to move from 31.2 in fact I don't think I've see it move at all...starting to think it's broken lol.
I do very little town work to be honest. Most of my mileage is motorway or A-roads, and I'm lucky I don't get stuck in traffic very often, in fact hardly ever. Added to which I drive like a right Doris!

Because the car was laid-up for two months, I can't really tell how much it varies winter to summer bit it's about 2 to 3mpg. Doing 1000 miles over the course of two days in June I got a best of 41.5mpg from one tank, while the worse was 33.1mpg a few weeks ago when it was snowy down our way and did a bit more local stuff.

I would have thought even if your driving route and style is always the same, you'd notice something with the weather. Are you reseting the computer at every fill?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yea I sussed it all out this morning, went for a drive around the town and then town centre and it's showing me 38.7 and up to 40 in places so I'm happy with that :)
Previous owner must never have reset it!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi Handsolo (a bit naughty!), welcome to the forum!

I think Klippie (the last poster) has either sold or is still in the process of selling his GT and I'm not sure if gallimore1986is till about. Do I guess you have similar problems?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The occasional to persistent lumpy idle of the G4FJ has been posted about a lot on here. Seems to be no rhyme-nor-reason to it; ambient temperature, engine temperature, fuel, age, mileage, etc. If you have a bit of time, you could troll through this post, which identifies a one-time culprit.

My GT is on about 63k now (new plugs within in last 18 months) and the tickover is never particularly smooth but doesn't get as bad as some on here described. I've only recently switched back to 95RON, running it on V-Power previously and I do treat it occasionally to some snakeoils, so doing my bit to keep it reasonably clean. But yes, these direct injection only engines are supposed to get coked-up around our mileages. Can't say though that I've noticed nay loss of performance or increase in mpg. Are you thinking of getting one of these hydrogen (?) clean jobs done on it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts