Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an idea of the average mpg they are getting from their GT. Ive had this car about two weeks now and im averaging 20/21 around town and 26/27 on motorways. This is just normal driving putting my foot down now and again but on the whole steadyish driving. Im also getting a slight judder on idle that gets even worse when heater is on no4. Just wanted a bit of a comparison to see if this is normal before contacting the dealer hope you guys can help.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi Sean, welcome. That does sound very poor. On short journeys of just a mile or less than five miles I still get high twenties. On motorways at 70 going up to 80 occasional I get 37 mpg. I would get that looked at. As for the judder get that checked as well. Roger

·
Registered
78 Posts
Town and medium trips 10..15 miles 24 mpg with occasional bursts of power. Motorway 34.
Careful urban driving mixed struggle to get 30 but then that's what the book says.
If I drive ignoring petrol gauge then it's 20 or below

·
Registered
454 Posts
gallimore1986 said:
Thanks guys for your replies yeh it does seem mine is pretty low or lower than most ill book it in and see if they can find anything a miss thanks all.
If it's brand new it can take a while for mpg to improve as the engine beds in.Still sounds low but depends how much urban driving you're doing, maybe do a test from a full tank and manually calculate it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its not new, new to me but its a 2013 30,000 yeh i will give it a go thanks mate next time i go fill it up. Got it booked in my local kia dealer next thursday so hopefully they might get me sorted with a bit of luck could just be something simple like the MAS or something.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Currently getting about 24mpg on short town trips (with air-con and heated rear window/mirrors on).It is original GT - but not Tech so no xenons etc. and 3 years old in April but only 9000 miles!

Find I need to give it a good blast (after it's got warmed up on longer trips) to keep it running sweetly.

Have got up to 40 mpg on long trips in summer on motorways doing 70 mph.

All figures using trip display.
If planning a long journey I fill up before and after at same petrol pump and do a confirmatory calculation but trip OK within 2mpg.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,034 Posts
Old post resurrection!

No idea if the OP is still interested but Strav's post is timely reminder for me. Had my GT for exactly one year now, and have averaged in that time 37.6mpg (calculated) and 39.1mpg by the onboard. Should say through injury, I did't drive for two months through last summer, so these figure might be a bit pessimistic for my driving.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's some decent results, is that town driving? Ours doesn't seem to move from 31.2 in fact I don't think I've see it move at all...starting to think it's broken lol.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That's some decent results, is that town driving? Ours doesn't seem to move from 31.2 in fact I don't think I've see it move at all...starting to think it's broken lol.
I do very little town work to be honest. Most of my mileage is motorway or A-roads, and I'm lucky I don't get stuck in traffic very often, in fact hardly ever. Added to which I drive like a right Doris!

Because the car was laid-up for two months, I can't really tell how much it varies winter to summer bit it's about 2 to 3mpg. Doing 1000 miles over the course of two days in June I got a best of 41.5mpg from one tank, while the worse was 33.1mpg a few weeks ago when it was snowy down our way and did a bit more local stuff.

I would have thought even if your driving route and style is always the same, you'd notice something with the weather. Are you reseting the computer at every fill?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ah OK that makes sense, to be honest I haven't managed to get it on the motorway yet and have only topped up once without resetting the computer (not sure I even know how yet) I haven't had time to check the manual haha.

Should I be resetting it after a top up for a more accurate reading? and the weathers been pretty warm the past few days considering it's winter at around 15 degrees, as for driving style I don't hammer it, and barely get into boost around town but do occasionally give it a little boot if I'm heading down the coast road.

Only had the car 3 days now so it's all new to me :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
After a quick confusing look through the manual, is it possible that it's set to read average fuel consumption and not instant fuel consumption? I'll have a fiddle with it haha.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea I sussed it all out this morning, went for a drive around the town and then town centre and it's showing me 38.7 and up to 40 in places so I'm happy with that :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yea I sussed it all out this morning, went for a drive around the town and then town centre and it's showing me 38.7 and up to 40 in places so I'm happy with that :)
Previous owner must never have reset it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.