Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been looking at potentially purchasing a Proceed GT-Line S and have two areas of concern, just wanted to know if anyone was in the same boat as me?

So I am 6 foot and having sat in the proceed, with the seat all the way down and slightly back, my hair does clear the roof lining. I have yet to take it for a test drive to see how it is, as the dealer didn't have one available to test drive so will be going back - Does anyone have this issue on a day to day basis?

I also have a 1 year old so will be putting the ISOFIX base in the car with a seat, has anyone had any issue with fitting this in the back seat with the space?

Finally, the boot space looks fine but am thinking whether a pram goes in there okay? When I go back to test drive I will be putting the pram in the boot to check etc.

Any advice or experiences from owners would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been looking at potentially purchasing a Proceed GT-Line S and have two areas of concern, just wanted to know if anyone was in the same boat as me?

So I am 6 foot and having sat in the proceed, with the seat all the way down and slightly back, my hair does clear the roof lining. I have yet to take it for a test drive to see how it is, as the dealer didn't have one available to test drive so will be going back - Does anyone have this issue on a day to day basis?

I also have a 1 year old so will be putting the ISOFIX base in the car with a seat, has anyone had any issue with fitting this in the back seat with the space?

Finally, the boot space looks fine but am thinking whether a pram goes in there okay? When I go back to test drive I will be putting the pram in the boot to check etc.

Any advice or experiences from owners would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Hey mate,

I'm more or less in the same boat :)

I'm 6'3, but I have shorter hands (I think?), so I can't sit all the way back, but I must sit all the way down.

In a top spec with pano roof, my hair touches the roof, so I'm speccing mine wiht everything but minus the pano.

ISOFIX - can't comment on that.

The boot is massive, you will not have any issues with the pram.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate,

I'm more or less in the same boat :)

I'm 6'3, but I have shorter hands (I think?), so I can't sit all the way back, but I must sit all the way down.

In a top spec with pano roof, my hair touches the roof, so I'm speccing mine wiht everything but minus the pano.

ISOFIX - can't comment on that.

The boot is massive, you will not have any issues with the pram.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah it's a bit of an odd one, I have driven cars in the past where the roof has been lower i.e BMW E46 Convertible but haven't thought anything of it, since then I have driven bigger cars and then sitting in the Proceed I notice the difference.

When the seat is all the way down it doesn't seem an issue but need to drive it in that position to see what it's like, and maybe with a hat!

Are you able to get a GT-Line S without the pan-roof?

When I go back into Kia I am going to ask if I can try put the ISOFIX base and car seat in the car as a test, as they said I can do with the pram.

Which colour are you going for?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah it's a bit of an odd one, I have driven cars in the past where the roof has been lower i.e BMW E46 Convertible but haven't thought anything of it, since then I have driven bigger cars and then sitting in the Proceed I notice the difference.

When the seat is all the way down it doesn't seem an issue but need to drive it in that position to see what it's like, and maybe with a hat!

Are you able to get a GT-Line S without the pan-roof?

When I go back into Kia I am going to ask if I can try put the ISOFIX base and car seat in the car as a test, as they said I can do with the pram.

Which colour are you going for?
I still think that the position is too high/roof is too low. It's the sacrifice I'll have to make :) Still couldn't be worse than a camaro ss cabriolet that I drove for a bit.

As previously mentioned, no pan roof for the entry spec :)

I'm getting a lunar silver and wrapping all the red trim black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

I think I had very similar questions almost a year ago so now with some experience I can try to summarize :)

I’m 6’1 (1,87m) and I fit just fine, I can put 2 fingers between my head and the roof. And my proceed has the pano roof. To be honest I did hit my head into the roof once when going over a big bump too fast. So overall it’s fine but more headroom would be appreciated.

Regarding Isofix seat and base - my kid is only 2 months now so I have this quite big back facing seat and the base. To fit it in you have to move the front passanger seat a bit but both me and my wife fit in the front. It’s not super spacious for me, knees are almost touching the glovebox but it’s definitely ok for someone under 6’0.
When it comes to boot space and a pram - it takes almost the whole boot. You can squeeze a backpack or two in addition but nothing more. Of course I’m talking about the boot up to the cover, without it you can definitely put more stuff on top. So for everyday driving the boot is fine but I’m planning to get a more compact stroller for travelling.

To sum up I’d really recommend to try all these things during your test drive :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey,

I think I had very similar questions almost a year ago so now with some experience I can try to summarize :)

I’m 6’1 (1,87m) and I fit just fine, I can put 2 fingers between my head and the roof. And my proceed has the pano roof. To be honest I did hit my head into the roof once when going over a big bump too fast. So overall it’s fine but more headroom would be appreciated.

Regarding Isofix seat and base - my kid is only 2 months now so I have this quite big back facing seat and the base. To fit it in you have to move the front passanger seat a bit but both me and my wife fit in the front. It’s not super spacious for me, knees are almost touching the glovebox but it’s definitely ok for someone under 6’0.
When it comes to boot space and a pram - it takes almost the whole boot. You can squeeze a backpack or two in addition but nothing more. Of course I’m talking about the boot up to the cover, without it you can definitely put more stuff on top. So for everyday driving the boot is fine but I’m planning to get a more compact stroller for travelling.

To sum up I’d really recommend to try all these things during your test drive :)
Labas :)

When driving my shitbox (seat ibiza mk5) I got a full palm of headspace and I can add another one if I ratchet the seat all the way down.

I feel that the proceed has really puffy seats and the seat base just occupies too much space.

I'm 6'3 and I got 0mm of headpsace, unless I shave my head lol. Massive bummer that I could not get pano.

@Dubbing entry level proceed that you're getting can be specced by the best thing in the world - ventillated seats!! it only comes in the entry level, which is fucking stupid if you ask me.

I almost bought a sportage just because of that, since I've spent quite a few hours in top spec one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still think that the position is too high/roof is too low. It's the sacrifice I'll have to make :) Still couldn't be worse than a camaro ss cabriolet that I drove for a bit.

As previously mentioned, no pan roof for the entry spec :)

I'm getting a lunar silver and wrapping all the red trim black.
Tell me about it right!

That'll be a nice colour combo, I was going to go for the blue but the in black I think it really suits the design of the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Labas :)

When driving my shitbox (seat ibiza mk5) I got a full palm of headspace and I can add another one if I ratchet the seat all the way down.

I feel that the proceed has really puffy seats and the seat base just occupies too much space.

I'm 6'3 and I got 0mm of headpsace, unless I shave my head lol. Massive bummer that I could not get pano.

@Dubbing entry level proceed that you're getting can be specced by the best thing in the world - ventillated seats!! it only comes in the entry level, which is fucking stupid if you ask me.

I almost bought a sportage just because of that, since I've spent quite a few hours in top spec one.
I guess being 6'0 helps with my head just clearing it! Yeah the entry level doesn't have the auto seats, pan roof, wireless charging, JBL speakers I believe?

Yeah for me it's between a sportage and this, obv the sportage has more space but the upgraded speedo in the Proceed along with look of car just does it for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
entry level proceed that you're getting can be specced by the best thing in the world - ventillated seats!! it only comes in the entry level, which is fucking stupid if you ask me.

Gt-Line S is top spec in UK. Non of the 3 UK spec's are showing ventilated seats... Which I have to agree with black leather seats is a MUST to avoid a burned back/bum/legs.
We do not get the option to add extra such as these in the UK.

I'm surprised as I would have thought a panno roof would give more head room as there is no roof lining taking up more room. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey,

Thank you mate! This is really helpful.

From the sounds of it, it looks like I mite be ok with the height issue but won't know for sure till I have driven it etc.

I do have concerns with the base and seat, my son is 1 now and we recently changed the seat but before it was a bulkier one, but in October we will be placing it forward facing which will help with space too. Did you have much space withe adjusting leg which is part of the ISOFIX base?

Yeah going to try putting the pram in when I go to view it again and for a test drive, I think it should be fine to be fair but need double check physically.

With regards to your height, how is it day to day driving? @somkarolis

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gt-Line S is top spec in UK. Non of the 3 UK spec's are showing ventilated seats... Which I have to agree with black leather seats is a MUST to avoid a burned back/bum/legs.
We do not get the option to add extra such as these in the UK.

I'm surprised as I would have thought a panno roof would give more head room as there is no roof lining taking up more room. 🤷‍♂️
oh, I though it's the 1.4 entry level, eh a bit confusing country to country.

Pano roof eats into the headspace. Before putting an order in, I had to wait to be seating in a proceed w/out pano roof, as the dealer had none available. Now I got 3-4 fingers of headspace lol, still a little cramped.

@iooi , ventillated seats is an option (1.8k EUR in europe). Can only come in a base model, at least in the EU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you mate! This is really helpful.

From the sounds of it, it looks like I mite be ok with the height issue but won't know for sure till I have driven it etc.

I do have concerns with the base and seat, my son is 1 now and we recently changed the seat but before it was a bulkier one, but in October we will be placing it forward facing which will help with space too. Did you have much space withe adjusting leg which is part of the ISOFIX base?

Yeah going to try putting the pram in when I go to view it again and for a test drive, I think it should be fine to be fair but need double check physically.

With regards to your height, how is it day to day driving? @somkarolis
Regarding the Isofix base, I’d say no problems there, enough space for the base.

When it comes to day to day driving, the headroom doesn’t really bother me. Yes, it would be great if seat could go at least a bit lower but it’s fine. Btw, my head is shaved so I am saving some headroom space :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.