Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just joined the forum as am looking at getting a proceed once lockdown has eased and I can take one for a test drive. I'm looking at second hand so will be 19 or 69 plate.
I have looked for some info on common faults or things to look for but not finding much, is anyone able to give me a few tips on anything I need to check for. I will be going for a 1.4 petrol.

Thanks

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
I'm guessing not, Jaybee!

The Proceed really isn't a popular model, not even on here. That's not because it is bad, rather it is a bit of niche concept from a make that isn't one of the 'default' four manufacturers when people are browsing PCP deals.

I doubt there is anything specific to the Proceed, so perhaps extend your browsing of this forum to the section for the 2019+ Ceed and maybe even the Xceed. From idly looking over these forums, there doesn't seem to be any stand-out issue. Buying used has the benefit of getting you past any of the niggling software issues some new cars seem to suffer.

And remember, if you do buy, you will have the balance of that 7 year warranty.

Reactions: ArthurCollins2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for finding the time to reply, never even thought of looking up the ceed even though I know it's the same car 🤦🏻‍♂️will do that and yes the 7 year warranty is a huge plus point.

Thanks again

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks for finding the time to reply, never even thought of looking up the ceed even though I know it's the same car 🤦🏻‍♂️will do that and yes the 7 year warranty is a huge plus point.

Thanks again
No problem matey; I hate to see a question like yours go unanswered. You aren't being ignored, I really think it is down to the very low numbers of owners on here.

Regarding the warranty, something to bear in mind is to make sure it has a full documented service record. This can be outside the KIA dealer network but must be to their standards to avoid hiccups with any possible future warranty claim. Today, there are 138 petrol Proceeds on KIA's used car site over a wide range of prices; I'm sure you'll find one there that tickles-your-fancy, and it would be reassuring to buy it from within the KIA network.

In the UK, all Proceeds come with a decent amount of kit and the GT-Line S has everything you could ever want. Your biggest decision will probably be between a manual and a DCT.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, great info and a valid point on servicing, I always look for a car to have been serviced every year even if recommended interval is longer. 11 years of Alfa ownership makes that essential!
Will be a manual car for me, and already have my eye on a couple fairly close by. Just waiting for Boris to say I can go and give them a drive!

Cheers mate

·
Registered
2020 Kia Proceed GT DCT
19 Posts
Hi I have just joined the forum as am looking at getting a proceed once lockdown has eased and I can take one for a test drive. I'm looking at second hand so will be 19 or 69 plate.
I have looked for some info on common faults or things to look for but not finding much, is anyone able to give me a few tips on anything I need to check for. I will be going for a 1.4 petrol.

Thanks
Whilst we own the 1.6 Proceed GT rather than the 1.4, we haven’t had a single mechanical issue in 6 months. The only ‘fault’ that we have had is the tailgate rattling. Some simple foam pads on the bump stops soon solved that. Build quality is good (not excellent) but it’s a KIA not a Mercedes. The customer experience at our local dealer is also not great, but you get what you pay for in that respect.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Thanks
Hi,

I have the 1.4 petrol in my
2019 Proceed GT Line S. being an S it comes as an auto and I love it 😻

I bought it at 15 month old but being an approved used from Kia it came with the full 7 year warranty 😁 although the car was 15 month old it only had 280 miles on it so to me it was a new car with a great saving on new price. Try driving both manual and auto before you decide. Good luck 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a thought about the 7 year warranty, do I need to buy from a Kia dealer to keep the remaining warranty. Or can I buy from anywhere and as long as it has a full dealer service history will the warranty still be valid?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve got GT on 70 plate, so had 6 months now and done 4800 mls.

As mentioned above the only fault I can find is that the tailgate rattles which can be fixed by putting pads in place or adjusting the bumpers.

I’ve owned plenty of BMW’s and Audi’s in the past and whilst their build quality is overall better, the Proceed isn’t far off for the money. It’s a good drive once you get used to the noisy exhaust on the GT and I think it’s a stunning car to look at.

The 7 year warranty is a big plus too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just a thought about the 7 year warranty, do I need to buy from a Kia dealer to keep the remaining warranty. Or can I buy from anywhere and as long as it has a full dealer service history will the warranty still be valid?
In theory, yes, you can buy from outside the network and the warranty should still be valid. You could even buy privately. But...

I'd want documented proof of dates, of mileage and of consumables to avoid any wriggle room. What I'm not sure about is how KIA would view your anti-perforation warranty; I think that inspection would be a routine part of a service at a KIA dealership, but you might be able to pay for one on car that has been serviced elsewhere. If that is the case, I'd get that done as soon as possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up my proceed yesterday, so sad to see my Alfa giulietta go but was time for a change and absolutely love the car so far.

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
553 Posts
Picked up my proceed yesterday, so sad to see my Alfa giulietta go but was time for a change and absolutely love the car so far.
Congratulations! Hope you got a good deal. Keep us updated how you get on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts