Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kia sportage awd with 74000 miles is still in warranty and i have taken it to my local kia garage the rear dif has excessive leaking i have been told it is because there is a 2mm difference in tyre depth from the front to rear and this has caused this and so is not covered by warranty totally shocked, and had an awfull service by kia rude service men and been quoted £5000+to fix has this happened to anyone else ? I have never had anything like this with my other cars

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
There are issues with AWD vehicles where there is a significant difference between front and rear tyre wear (it falsely engages 4WD because the car thinks the fronts are losing traction - I am assuming that the fronts aew more worn than the rears), but I find it difficukt to accept that 2mm will cause a problem. It also seems unlikely that this would cause a leak (or are there other transmission problems). Suggest that you either take it elsewhere for a second opinion or write to the dealer and ask them to explain how a 2mm tread difference can cause a leak. It might also be worth asking KCS on here for their views.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i will be getting a independent engineer to look at it .Yeah the fronts are only 2mm worn more than the back but all new tyres 9 months ago.well that is there reason for not being under warranty its not like it been off road it only travels 24 miles round trip on decent roads cant belive they are trying this excuse.nothing in the manual about this i will definatly be thinking twice about getting a kia awd again i only changed cars because of the warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi intresting to read my 2014 2.0 sportage awd has just had 2 new front tyres backs have 75% left, now worried about all this awd problems still under warranty but that seems to not make any diffence to the dealers looking forward to your reply if you get this sorted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts