Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an issue with their kia ceed not pulling away in 1st gear? This is causing huge issues especially at junctions, it will ruin the clutch at this rate.. I've driven many diesels over the decades but never come across one that behaves like this..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nothing that appears to cause the issue that you describe, the car pulls away fine and I don't need to slip the clutch. You may have an issue with your car, with the fuelling for example. If it's under warranty I recommend booking it in with your local dealer.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Auto or Manual?
Engine?
I suspect that since the OP mentions ruining the clutch its a manual.

But whatever it is it is not normal for any car to have trouble pulling away in 1st gear, its what its designed for. One thing for the OP to check is the brakes especially the handbrake, is it releasing fully. After a drive place your hands over the wheels (don't touch anything) and feel if its especially hot after driving normally.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good point above on the brakes. Does the car feel powerful (as much as a 1.6 diesel should do ha) after you have pulled away or does it feel sluggish all the time?

Do you have any warning lights on your dash, a flashing orange one for example?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Does anyone have an issue with their kia ceed not pulling away in 1st gear? This is causing huge issues especially at junctions, it will ruin the clutch at this rate.. I've driven many diesels over the decades but never come across one that behaves like this..
Will it roll down a gentle hill in neutral? (I'm thinking of brake binding).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing that appears to cause the issue that you describe, the car pulls away fine and I don't need to slip the clutch. You may have an issue with your car, with the fuelling for example. If it's under warranty I recommend booking it in with your local dealer.
Thanks I figured out what to do, had to turn off the
Good point above on the brakes. Does the car feel powerful (as much as a 1.6 diesel should do ha) after you have pulled away or does it feel sluggish all the time?

Do you have any warning lights on your dash, a flashing orange one for example?
It was the electronic stability control, I switch it off at junctions and the problem vanishes!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

It was the electronic stability control, I switch it off at junctions and the problem vanishes!!
Then there is a problem in there somewhere. Apart from having a play on snow and ice I have never needed to turn off ESP.

·
Registered
114 Posts

As above, you may have an issue with your ESP/ABS sensors making the car feel that it is losing traction - If you're under warranty still I'd have Kia take a look :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As above, you may have an issue with your ESP/ABS sensors making the car feel that it is losing traction - If you're under warranty still I'd have Kia take a look :)
Thanks Buaan, excellent advice yes still under warranty, will do😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts