Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had this car for just over a month now and now 1000 miles on the clock. It is a Rio Special edition black 1.5 diesel 2009 reg.
I have started to notice some problems with it and was wondering if anyone is having the same issues.
1) Windows can be wound up and down with key out of the ignition, not all the time but most of the time.
2) The wife has sometimes not been able to turn the key in the ignition.
3) No steering lock (not sure if its got one)
4) Car is only doing about 38 to the gallon.
5) When you turn the switch for the heating control to demist, the air-conditioning comes on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi I can help with some of your questions.

Don't worry about the fuel economy as this will get better with mileage.
I have a Rio chill 1.5L Diesel and my first tank full was only averaging 46mpg.
After the first few thousand miles this started to increase, I now get 50mpg with 8,000 miles on the clock.

As for the heating control, I agree it can be annoying but that's what it is designed to do
It does however clear the windscreen quickly working this way.
Most of the time I have the heater control set to feet and passenger section (no aircon coming on).

As for your other points, I cannot say I have had problems, only the key can be a bit fiddly but you do have to slightly push the key in to turn it. maybe this could be your problem ?

Anyway congrats on your new car and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The ac isn't a problem its a design, if your going for demist, the quickest demist setting is using AC, although if it bugs you that much, somewhere in the manual it tells you how to turn it of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The windows operate for a short time after you have taken the key. This is a design feature which I personally find very handy.
Regards,
Ecnal9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts