Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! First time poster so I’ll apologise if it’s something that’s already been posted and chatted about but I couldn’t see anything.

I have a Sportage 2012 1.7 CRD and am struggling to change gears when driving (at one point taking it to the garage I had to switch the car off to put it I to gear). I tried ‘pumping’ the clutch which didn’t seem to make any difference and the clutch itself doesn’t feel any different when it happens. I have taken it to a local garage and they think it’s to do with the gear box, as when you go to put it in gear the car pulls away just when it is close to the gear you are selecting, without being in gear. I have also taken it to my local Kia garage, they said I need a new clutch. I don’t want to go getting the clutch replaced for nothing. Any ideas?!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
can it be a linkage between the gear stick and the gear box? Take a look around under the hood and see if the cables look undamaged and the the end has not partially dislodged from the little arm on the gear box.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Yes check the linkage the cables often wear and need replacing if you cannot adjust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts