Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Kia Optima 2019 S and I wanted to update the maps and the FW as you know there's no sd card slot so I went to USB flash way and I downloaded the files and put it in the USB but the car can not read the update files
I don't know where is the problem the format was FAT32 so what can I do

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I don't know where is the problem the format was FAT32 so what can I do
Welcome to the UK forum, 'gaith7873'.

I don't know which part of the world you live in but your flag emblem looks like the Iraqi flag. There are differences in the material required to update the infotainment unit dependent upon the part of the world in which the car operates.

Here in the UK, we use the information available from this website

so is that where you downloaded the files for your model from? I have an earlier Optima model to yours and mine utilises an SD card rather than a USB drive. In the case of an SD card, there is no need to do any formatting - simply select the correct files to download and the appropriate downloader will format the drive and make the SD card ready for placement in the infotainment unit where the process of updating will take place.

Others here who have used the USB drive method will confirm whether the procedure works the same way or otherwise. Obviously, the update files for the UK are Europe-based and I guess if you are in the Middle East, a different set of files will be required.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
My car is from US so i can not download the middle east files so i downloaded the us files
I'm guessing here but I'm afraid you may be stuck with the option to update US files. Others with greater knowledge than me in such matters will no doubt explain if there is a way round your dilemma but I suspect that would only be possible with a different head unit which could be prohibitively expensive.

If you're stuck, you could always purchase a standalone unit from Garmin or Tom Tom. Alternatively, utilise one of the cellular phone-based mapping apps to avoid getting lost/stranded.

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
I seem to remember another member from Asian country ran into similar issues with an North American specification car. As I recall nothing he tried worked and he had to resort to requesting the dealers for an update. When I get some spare time I'll try and find the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts