Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Problem with 48 volt hybrid on Sportage.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Alanw47 
#1 ·
My 2 year old Sportage hybrid has developed a fault with the 48 volt hybrid system.I have had the car into the local dealer but they seem unable to repair.the problem is when I have the hybrid control diagram displayed I usually had a blue battery displayed showing the charge going in.this has changed to a half filled white battery.and when the system is discharging to boost car the display is only a half full orange battery.Can anybody advise as to what problem can be.I have tried to escalate problem to Kia headquarters but they have not helped and passed me back to dealer.

#4 ·
I totally agree with @mr.macspot. I have no idea what the problem is, I didn't experience that with mine, but it's totally unacceptable for your dealership to just shrug their shoulders and say "we don't know". The car is under warranty, it's their responsibility to work it out and fix it.

I had a similar problem with a previous car (not Kia) and they didn't know what the problem was and the computer said all was well when it clearly wasn't. They had to keep the car until they had diagnosed the problem and fixed it, meanwhile they gave me a replacement car on a long term loan, almost 3 months before I got it back again, but I got it back fixed and in perfect working order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.