Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi Ioannis
You would need to remove the inner door handle and interior door trim/panel to gain access to the window mechanism.
The window glass has probably partly lifted/moved out of the mounting 'channel' and therefore is at the wrong angle.
The window glass is only retained by friction in the mounting channel and sometimes just loosens up with age or corrosion of the window channel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ioannis
You would need to remove the inner door handle and interior door trim/panel to gain access to the window mechanism.
The window glass has probably partly lifted/moved out of the mounting 'channel' and therefore is at the wrong angle.
The window glass is only retained by friction in the mounting channel and sometimes just loosens up with age or corrosion of the window channel.
Thank you for your advices.
I have done all these before, and i could't find a solution for the problem.
Will it be helpfull to replace something (what?) with a new one?

·
Registered
871 Posts
With the interior door panel removed - you would need to look inspect the door winding mechanism - the window needs to be a tight fit in the mounting 'channel' otherwise it would just tend to 'jump' out whilst winding the window down.
Also you would need to inspect the vertical window channels for any damage/warping which would stop the glass sliding easily in the vert channels (even problems with rubber seals etc can cause problems).
I have replaced the complete window winding assembly on an old car (but only once) because the whole assembly had twisted out of shape due to the glass not moving freely in the vertical channels - but that is probably rare and you would be unlucky to have to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts