Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month or so my 2.0 sport has been starting to sound really rough. I know all diesels do but mine has always been generally quiet until about a month ago.....It is now VERY noisy, especially when cold, power isnt coming in smoothly in 1st, 2nd and 3rd - has been really jerky. It only had its second service 4 months ago and everything was fine then.

Its a bit concerning and i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem ??? If anyone has any info or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Nick, had mine a month but only 10k on clock, sounds very noisy on the cold start but then so did my toyota auris 2ltr diesel, VW SPAM the same, think all 2ltr diesels are noisy on the cold start???? my toyota was fine until its first service and it had the dreaded toyota ECU remap and sounded like a bag of spanners on the cold starts, alas toyota would not reset the ECU back to how it was prior to service?? so just had to endure it until new and better codes were found for the ECU. 18 months later. my KIA is fine once warmed up but noisy for the first 2/3 minutes, hope this helps ?regards
geoff

·
Registered
839 Posts
geoff 57 said:
WHY does this site class the word g o l f as spam???????? yet auris is ok ????????????

Thats because the site was mass spammed by someone trying to flog SPAM clubs! It's a funny old world.........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not because its Diesel....its getting INCREASINGLY WORSE EVERY DAY!

Any other suggestions please????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Nick. I hope you have sorted your 'rough' engine by now.... If not, try an oil change with a GOOD oil and a bottle of red-ex or Forte diesel treatment or try a different brand of diesel if you've stuck with one brand for a long time. I've got 62k on mine now and give it a treat of an oil change between services myself(I still believe keeping oil clean as much as possible even with modern engines). Also try some Slik 50 ... worth a go!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Nick,
The carens and sportage with the same engine suffer with dual mass flywheels failing, does the clutch pedal vibrate? do you get a knocking noise when turning the engine off? If so could well be the flywheel.

They also suffer with injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts