Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
As title, i picked up my 5 month old pro_cee'd 2.0crdi sport this afternoon

Well pleased with my choice, drives even better than i remembered from the test drive!

The dealer even threw in 6 months road tax (it was due to run out at the end of this month) and a tank full of diesel
Thats never happened before!

Coming from a "56" plate focus st3 i can honestly say that the gearchange is better in the kia and most other aspects of the drive are as enjoyable, although obviously not as performance orientated.

I'm going to try to post a couple of pic's........wish me luck

...............................................o.k. That didn't work

Bear with me......i 'm not giving up that easily.

jamie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi
Got rid of the Dagenham Dustbin then. (although they don't build "em" there anymore)
Your now a fully fledged Korean Krusader,

Keep us all informed, we are especially interested in fuel consumption and your impressions overall.
Cheers for now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the fuel consumption front it's good news (for me anyway). When i picked the pro up the trip comp was showing 40.5 mpg average, which it's still showing, but it also said 421 miles till empty. It's still showing 418 miles till empty after covering 73 miles, so it must be doing better than the indicated mpg.....i think.
It's early days yet but overall impressions of the pro are very good so far. I will post in more detail in about a weeks time.

Meanwhile i need to find time to fit my sub and amp as the standard stereo is rather lacking on the bass front.........although no worse than the focus was.

Going from a 6 disc changer to a single disc player has prompted me to buy an mp3 player to save carrying loads of cd's in the car. Will let you all know what i think of the usb hook-up once the delivery man manages to arrive whilst i'm actually home............

That's about it for now......catch you soon.

jamie
Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update.......
After a good run to Chelmsford on tuesday (took the wife to a book signing by James May of Top Gear fame) i can happily report fuel consumption of 60.9 mpg average over a mixture of about 10% town 30% twisty B roads and 60% duel carriageway. I mostly had the cruise control set to 65 mph and was using the air-con for the duel carriageway section.

I am finding the pro very comfortable and enjoyable to drive, so am not as upset about parting with my ST as i expected to be......great news.

Well i'm off outside to give the pro a wash now, so all the best..........jamie.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some piccies of my pro_cee'd.......

seems to have worked this time........i suddenly thought that i may need to have made more than 10 posts before i'm allowed to post piccies.

Let me know if you all can see them, and what you think........off to give "black beauty" a wash now...............jamie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Jamie, glad to hear you're getting on well with 'Black Beauty' try driving without using cruise on the motorways/dual carriageways with the instant fuel consumption on and see what you can get out of it then .... on a run to Sheffield and back I managed 68.7 by taking it easy on uphills and gaining speed on downhills.... that was a round trip of nearly 200 miles, admitidly it was 90% motorway and I was sooooooooo tired after having to concentrate on traffis/speed/revs and gears when I got home!!

8500 miles and soon up for it's first service ..... not sure if I want to go to my local dealer as they don't seem interested in helping with the handbrake issues andother problemswhich are starting to appear on these CEE'Ds

Has anyone had troubles with the 'decrease' button on the cruise controls?? press it and cruise cancels rather than reduce speed??

Laters Folks

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve, i use the cruise mostly because i just drive faster and faster till i'm doing 75-80 mph left to my own devices.....
. That driving manualy to optimise fuel economy sounds like hard work
Although you did achieve excellent results
I haven't had to go back to my dealer with a problem yet, so don't know what they will be like. But it sounds like you might be better off finding your next nearest, and give them a try. I've not had any probs with cruise yet.....fingers crossed. Hope you get your probs sorted, and that your service goes well. jamie.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Jamie(and others)

left my fuel consumption computer on now for 1000miles, averaged 48mpg including a couple of mad dashes so very pleased overall!! I know what you mean about speed creaping up and up .... had a Jag pass me the other day at just above 60, next thing I knew I was sat behind him creaping up towards 3 figures on the speedo .... mmmmmm me speed??? nooooooooooo officer, wasn't me!!!!

Cruise now seems to be behaving ..... must be a dirty switch or something like that .... hey, time will tell!!! Only other thing that might crop up for anyone is the window rubber might get a bit dry and the windows seem to be stiff to move .... put some silicon spray(or WD40)inside the window runner ..... problem solved!! the rubber that's used has a tendancy to dry out!! Silicon spray is better as WD40 will dry out quicker!!

It'll be going in for 1st service in a week or so ...... 9000 miles is up already!! I'll let you know if they find anything wrong with it ...

Laters, Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again Stevie, Glad to hear the cruise switch seems to have fixed itself

48 mpg average over 1000 miles mixed driving is great, if mine settles to that level i'll be well pleased.

Speeding in a diesel Kia.........whatever next.........how the times change

Have you chosen a garage to carry out your 1st service, or you just gonna use your local dealer?

Hope all goes well anyway..........atb........jamie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello lads just to inform you that this is my 3rd kia in the last 10 years igot my pro ceed 1.6 petrol 2 weeks ago and by far this is one of the best kias done to date. i now a few people who have different kias i.e sportage, carens new type rio. As you may agree the pro ceed is a comfy car good looking and not to pricey to buy. The 1.6 petrol does a average 46.1 mpg even when doing 86 down the motorway for 11 miles. very very happy with my choice and i hope you are to. Sorry also black looks nice i have the Mars red in colour pro ceed. thanks for reading my comments happy driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts