Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my white 1.6 CRDi EcoDynamic.

The garage offered me a three year deal for services, which was:

3 20k miles/12 month services
3 Paint inspections (for the warranty)
and the first MOT.

All for £599.

Just wondering if people thought it was a good deal.

Also is £49 for a Boot liner a good deal?

One last thing, the music from the USB stops working, it displays the folders and songs but doesn't play. Probably something to do with my USB stick.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That's probably not bad by the time you've added it all together.
I've only ever had the first 3 servicings priced up via the dealers and haven't had my paint warranty stamped in the book - had 2 resprays so far (boot and rear sills) ??!!!??
Hopefully someone will have a full breakdown of the prices and be a little more helpful soon.

As for the music stopping, I'd try another stick as soon as possible to determine if it's the current stick or the car, then use the warranty and take it back if required.

(20,000 mikes between servicing? My Diesels 12.5k !)

Oh - welcome to the forum too :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and advice. I dont think it was a great saving either, for the service.

I'm now on my 3 USB stick and still have problems. Didn't even read one of them!
I believe its 20k miles, plus it has a cam chain can, so no expensive service.

Bootliners are also on Amazon for ~£25.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
stevalo
Be very careful, 3 services and an MOT are different to 3 years servicing and an MOT, which did they offer?3 services and an MOT for £599 is pretty good but 3 years servicing is only 2 services in reality and then its no bargain, thats the way garages normally word it. If you pay it all up front what happens if the garage goes bust or you sell the car?

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The deal was a standing order, over 2 or 3 years. If they went bust the SO would stop.

It was for 3 services, 3 paint inspections and first MOT.

I think its OK, just not a Great Deal.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Steve
I was comparing it to the 5 year 60000 mileTLC we got with the Mini we had. With that you got 2 services, one at 2 years or 20,000 miles approx (car had an indicator for higher milage users) and the second at 4 years or 40,000 miles, still a bargain at £150 and since it was a BMW scheme it did not matter what garage you used. If your garage went bust the week before the service was due you would have paid for something you would never get.

When we got the Ceed welooked atthe service plan but after careful consideration did not bother. Instead we are putting the £23 a month they wanted into a seperate bank account and after 5 years we will see how much, if any, is left. If money is still in the account we did the right thing, if its short we are out of pocket, fingers crossed.

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand where your coming from Sutton7.

Its just that I traded in a C4 HDi, it needed a 75K mile service. 'Back Street' wanted £230 and Citroen wanted £330. So these are the figures that are in my head.

So 3 x £230 + £45 (MOT) = £735 or 3 x £330 + £45 = £1035
(Not sure how much a paint inspection is)

I would like to keep my options open, but either way quite a saving, unless they go bang!

Unless of course servicing the Ceed is cheaper, which I can't see why it would be.

What are the service costs?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
stevevalo
Was quoted the following when we bought the Ceed, 1st service £160, 2nd service £280, 3rd service £220. These include body inspection, brake fluid change, pollen filter etc, should be no more to pay.

PAul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the costs.

That totals £660 + £45 (MOT) = £705

Still a good saving, unless they go bust.

and the chances of that happening are increasing everyday!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts