Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got to wondering if it was worth keeping a register of the GT 1st Edition?

I wonder how many 1st Edition owners are registered on this site?

Any one else interested?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I understand that KIA are keeping numbers 001 and 007.

001 because it is the first and 007 because it is appearing in the next James Bond film.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I recall the C4 forum members liked to list the numbers of their C4 coupes limited edition, named after the rally driver (so memorable, I have forgotten it!), and these were numbered, but also a limited edition, so not many about.I would hope there will be a shed load of Pro Cee'd Gt's about before long, as they are a really remarkable car (the Kia salesman who lives on my estate has a red demo one parked at his house).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hi,

I think you will find that "007" is forum member keef1's car, he has had several posts under the old GT's posts before this sub forum was created.

This was one of the pictures he posted for me on one of my earlier posts about led lights

regards

Phil

Edited by: msimega

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the number 30 and i am so happy with it I got 48mpg on a 200 mile run I was very pleased with it but keeping it under 2,000 revs is hard hahaha but I did it :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys

New Pro Ceed GT 1st edition owner here, bought the car last week from a dealer near me who bought it new from the Newcastle Kia dealership, it's 009 of 500 will post pics soon.

As all of us I absolutely love the car from the aesthetics to the comfort and obviously the speed!. I wouldn't even be surprised if mine had the lowest mileage of all uk 50 models out there, I bought it at approximately 2750 miles just after it's first yearly service which was carried out at 2600 miles.

However
I seem to have 1 major gripe the MPG, or maybe lack of it! I did check all the figures prior to buying and fully understood what I was letting myself in for, however reading figures and reality are different experiences. The trip computer currently displays between 27-30 obviously fluctuating and I have not drove many miles since resetting the meter, would be interesting to hear some other driver experiences on this matter?. I put £30 in and it has barely lasted me 4 days, most of our miles are urban town driving.

Anyways share your experiences please guys

·
Registered
67 Plate ProCeed GT - Red
40 Posts
I recall the C4 forum members liked to list the numbers of their C4 coupes limited edition, named after the rally driver (so memorable, I have forgotten it!), and these were numbered, but also a limited edition, so not many about.I would hope there will be a shed load of Pro Cee'd Gt's about before long, as they are a really remarkable car (the Kia salesman who lives on my estate has a red demo one parked at his house).

Sebastian Loeb - He is the most successful driver in WRC history, having won the world championship a record 9 times in a row.

C4 by Loeb - I had No.5.

With only 50 1st editions for the UK, that's a very exclusive group. I notice there are two on Auto Trader at the moment, one being No.40

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guys

New Pro Ceed GT 1st edition owner here, bought the car last week from a dealer near me who bought it new from the Newcastle Kia dealership, it's 009 of 500 will post pics soon.

As all of us I absolutely love the car from the aesthetics to the comfort and obviously the speed!. I wouldn't even be surprised if mine had the lowest mileage of all uk 50 models out there, I bought it at approximately 2750 miles just after it's first yearly service which was carried out at 2600 miles.

However
I seem to have 1 major gripe the MPG, or maybe lack of it! I did check all the figures prior to buying and fully understood what I was letting myself in for, however reading figures and reality are different experiences. The trip computer currently displays between 27-30 obviously fluctuating and I have not drove many miles since resetting the meter, would be interesting to hear some other driver experiences on this matter?. I put £30 in and it has barely lasted me 4 days, most of our miles are urban town driving.

Anyways share your experiences please guys
Mines a '67 - I get 25 to 35 mpg depending on the drive. Not the most economical of cars - but i've had worse - V6 Omega 15mpg :(

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
149 Posts
I don't want to offend anyone, but what is it these days with 1st editions, and them being so sought after

1st Editions never used to be a "thing", it seems to be another marketing gimick to inflate 2nd hand car values

I almost always look for a few year old models of cars (usually a facelift version if available), so that all the kinks and faults have already been found out by the manufacturer and fixed in later released models, it just seems to be some sort of scam run by the car compaines to make the first (possibly faulty) cars become more sought after

And on't even get me started on VW Golf "Editions" and the like.................. what a load of old :poop:

Go on, call me a cynic :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't want to offend anyone, but what is it these days with 1st editions, and them being so sought after

1st Editions never used to be a "thing", it seems to be another marketing gimick to inflate 2nd hand car values

I almost always look for a few year old models of cars (usually a facelift version if available), so that all the kinks and faults have already been found out by the manufacturer and fixed in later released models, it just seems to be some sort of scam run by the car compaines to make the first (possibly faulty) cars become more sought after

And on't even get me started on VW Golf "Editions" and the like.................. what a load of old :poop:

Go on, call me a cynic :p
It’s the fact they only made 500 of them. They are very rare

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
149 Posts
It’s the fact they only made 500 of them. They are very rare
So it's just as I suspected then, a marketing gimmick, no different to any other GT model, other than it's got a number

It would be even rarer if there were only 50 first editions, would that make it worth more?

Just because something is rare, doesn't necessarily make it any more desirable

·
Registered
4 Posts
So it's just as I suspected then, a marketing gimmick, no different to any other GT model, other than it's got a number

It would be even rarer if there were only 50 first editions, would that make it worth more?

Just because something is rare, doesn't necessarily make it any more desirable
Of course it makes it more desirable. If something has a limited number of
Units available then demand would be higher. It helps also that it’s a beautiful car and an absolute joy to drive

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
149 Posts
Of course it makes it more desirable. If something has a limited number of
Units available then demand would be higher. It helps also that it’s a beautiful car and an absolute joy to drive
Is the spec of the first edition any different to the sebsequent models then (other than having a number from 0-500)

If it dioesn indeed have something the refular GT/GT Tech doesn't have, then i will conceed it is more desirable, if it is just a plaque then my argument still stands

Any anyway, my car is as unique as yours, mine is build number 46740*, there are no others with that build number, so that makes mine just as unique

* it's not really that build number, but hopefully you get my point, every car is an individual

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the spec of the first edition any different to the sebsequent models then (other than having a number from 0-500)

If it dioesn indeed have something the refular GT/GT Tech doesn't have, then i will conceed it is more desirable, if it is just a plaque then my argument still stands

Any anyway, my car is as unique as yours, mine is build number 46740*, there are no others with that build number, so that makes mine just as unique

* it's not really that build number, but hopefully you get my point, every car is an individual
It's amazing what you can find on the internet if you try hard enough - black mirriors, different wheels and I wish I had a sunfroof and the lighting in the sills and footwells.

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
149 Posts
It's amazing what you can find on the internet if you try hard enough - black mirriors, different wheels and I wish I had a sunfroof and the lighting in the sills and footwells.
Ok, so it's got a few optional extras as standard (most of the above is available to buy as an optional extra, and still are available, with the exception of the sunroof)

How much of a premium do these reach over a non "first edition" model?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.