Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this has been covered.

I am currently debating the Pro Ceed as a new car for myself after recently sending back my mercedes A35 (awful car & customer service haha).

My question is, firstly has anyone ot the 1.6 CRDi engine & how is it? Secondly is the extra MPG gained from the diesel worth the lacklustre in the power department? I am mainly doing motorway miles 80 per day and i'm not fussed about speed really as i have a sports bike for when i want to hoon it about.
I love the Pro ceed, its looks & standard equipment but the lack of power in the diesel engine & the lack of MPG from the petrol makes it a difficult decision.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the 1.6crdi cee'd at 136hp so not sure what hp the pro ceed would be or if it's the same. Average 55mpg ish from similar journeys as yourself - can touch up near the 60 if careful never drops below low 50s in winter etc. I see no lack of power for what it is quite frankly. Don't know the mpg from the petrol but i'd imagine lots of motorway miles petrol would be hard to fuel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 1.6crdi cee'd at 136hp so not sure what hp the pro ceed would be or if it's the same. Average 55mpg ish from similar journeys as yourself - can touch up near the 60 if careful never drops below low 50s in winter etc. I see no lack of power for what it is quite frankly. Don't know the mpg from the petrol but i'd imagine lots of motorway miles petrol would be hard to fuel
Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply, the Pro ceed is the same engine i believe so i think its 136.

Have you had any issues mechanically with the engine and do you feel its got enough poke to overtake safely?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply, the Pro ceed is the same engine i believe so i think its 136.

Have you had any issues mechanically with the engine and do you feel its got enough poke to overtake safely?

Thanks
i have just sold my Gt 1.6 petrol used to get 28 to 32 could get more if i
drove like a nun around 36 mpg. if you are using the car every day on the
motorway i would go diesel better economy and more relaxing ie Exhaust tended to drone
and sports suspension was a bit too hard, but on the right road and mindset it was great.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi mate,

Thanks
Absolutely none so far anyway. Yeah it does but I suppose it depends what you're coming from. I had a 2 litre diesel before that but it was a bit less hp. Get a test drive in one to see for yourself if you would be happy with it. Theyre not the most fuel efficient engines I find but they're well proven and honest John etc always states about their reliability and lack of dpf issues compared to other diesels.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this has been covered.

I am currently debating the Pro Ceed as a new car for myself after recently sending back my mercedes A35 (awful car & customer service haha).

My question is, firstly has anyone ot the 1.6 CRDi engine & how is it? Secondly is the extra MPG gained from the diesel worth the lacklustre in the power department? I am mainly doing motorway miles 80 per day and i'm not fussed about speed really as i have a sports bike for when i want to hoon it about.
I love the Pro ceed, its looks & standard equipment but the lack of power in the diesel engine & the lack of MPG from the petrol makes it a difficult decision.

Thanks

Ben
I have the 1.6 CRDi Proceed. The engine is really smooth, quiet and flexible and returns 55mpg easily, more if you are carefull. However, I believe Kia have now dropped the diesel from the Proceed range and only offer a 1.5 or 1.6 petrol now, so you might be out of luck buying a new one if you do decide to go down the diesel route

1 - 6 of 6 Posts