Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys has anyone fitted pro bitz tuning box to sorento if so does it do wat it says on tin .especially mpg on auto.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I'm probably eligible for some sort of prize for the latest response to any posting.......but here goes anyway..

Did you ever fit a plug in box? If so which one and did it work well??????

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
If you are still looking for better economy the answer is to sell the Sorento,as you can see by the lack ofresponseto this post in two and half years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered a tuning box, increase BHP FROM 138 TO 176, ALSO BETTER MPG.
but after a bit more research found all it does is over pressurise the
rail, it thinks there is more air flow witch increase fuel flow.as to increase in MPG I don't see how this is possible.so I cancelled my order .I think birdman has it in a nut shell sell it or use a light foot on pedal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the replies to Birdman and Clivo. Not wishing to throw the baby out with the bath water I was hoping to hear from Sorento owners who HAD fitted an economy boost 'box' and to ascertain from them the degree of success achieved (if any).

Quentin Wilson did a test with a DPT box and this can be viewed on You Tube. See
<div id="watch7-line" ="clearfix yt-uix-expander">
<h1 id="watch-line-title">

DPT Quentin Willson
</h1>

This report in itself looked pretty favourable. Anyone else? At the end of the day I bought the Sorento as a good tow car for our caravan and this it does admirably. I was simply looking to see if the 'modern technology' available was capable of improving it, in particular to better fuel consumption.

Peter

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Kia modified software on the 06 face lift models to increase bhp from 138 to 168 and the result was less MPG and higher emissions.Combined stated mpg dropped from 36.7 to 35.1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought pro-bitz box; fitted - followed all instructions; fiddled with settings - as described in the instructions; removed. Waste of money. If I'd stopped to think about it I would have bought a different car. There is nothing wrong with the car I have (138bhp XS model) - it tows my caravan very well.

Read all the reviews; did all the usual....waste of money.

Edit: What I meant to say was that if I'd thought that much about it when I bought the car, and it didn't suit my needs (the car that is) I would/should have bought a different one.
Edited by: fazinho

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Fazinho,

That's very helpful feedback, assuming from what you said there was no improvement at all in any areas. Obviously the Pro-Bitz box is the cheapest around so I wonder if this is the usual 'you get what you pay' scenario.

Thanks Birdman for the info on the facelift model, that is interesting, I had wondered how the power had been upped on the same motor and certainly not so good if the emissions were also upped.

Anyone else out there with experience in these matters?
Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi peter and sue in the passed i have purchased two different boxes a German one and one from diesel express both have over pressured the fuel rail causing the engine management light to come on thus storing faults on the ecu have found all a waste of time and money. regards Spot.

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi,peter and sue.i have a tunning box from tiger tunning fitted to my 2006 pre face lift sorento and i find a noticable increase in power which is helpfull when towing my caravan.it has 8 settings and i leave mine on 4 all the time.no great difference in mpg but i dont have to work engine so hard.i would also recomend millers diesel eco max additive to try.if you google it for reviews you will see that it may help you out.you get it on ebay for £10 a bottle and that does 10 tank fulls.hope this helps. kev t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts