Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Pro Bitz, tuning box?? Anyone tried?

22K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  bedlamitejester 
I've just recently bought a Pro Ceed Sport and couldn't work out why my mpg was saying 55mpg but the range/tank was not reflecing this. Anyway, discovered a Pro Bitz tuning box under the bonnet!
The car flies but mpg could be being affected, I've read it could cause false trip computer readings. I'm going to turn it down a bit tomorrow, see how it goes

Yeh, I'm thinking the previous owner had it turned to higher power less mpg. According to the Pro bitz site, the box boosts the torque to 360nm! Don't get me wrong, the extra power is nice but I'd rather lose a bit and gain mpg
I'll give it half a turn clockwise and see what happens. Edited by: bedlamitejester

Just a quick update on this. I've been getting a yellow ESP OFF light coming up on the dash intermittently (seems to come on after a sudden burst of acceleration) which then stays on until I turn the engine off. So I had this looked at while in for a service and MOT. Course, not thinking, I didn't remove the ProBitz box before it went in. The result was that they found several ECU faults which they believe were coming from this box and warned me that if I didn't remove it and something was to happen to the ECU or engine, the warranty would be invalidated and I would have to fit the bill. Just to give you an idea, one of the faults indicated an issue which could have cost around £2000 to repair.Anyway, after a chat with the technician, we decided that the box would come off. They cleared the ECU memory and reset the faults and all is well and so far, no ESP OFF light has returned.
It does say in the ProBitz manual that removing it should return everything back to normal.
On the matter of MPG. With the box connected, the avg mpg read 57. Without, it's 42. To be honest, this is a more realistic reading as 57mpg from £40 of diesel with today's prices is well over 400 miles, which I can tell you, I was not getting. I was a little apprehensive about removing the box and what I would lose, but the car feels more than quick enough still so I'm happy.

Edited by: bedlamitejester

I second that by Ace Demon, mine used to read 63mpg on my motorway commute which I thought was great until I actually calculated it myself the old fashioned way. Since removing the box (it was fitted by the previous owner) and resetting the trip computer, I now get an accurate 47mpg, which for a 2.0 Sport, ain't bad.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.