Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Sedona, no issues yet apart from the local car wash doing a slap dash job when paid £50 for a full valet...the more i deal with people in the this life the more i realise it really is a case of, "If you want a job done properly...."

Anyway, i have seen mention of "priming the fuel filter" "giving it a couple of pumps", etc in response to previous question with people having starting issues. I want to know how one would do this manually...is it an under the bonnet job?

Cavey

·
Registered
702 Posts
cavey76 said:
Got my Sedona, no issues yet apart from the local car wash doing a slap dash job when paid £50 for a full valet...the more i deal with people in the this life the more i realise it really is a case of, "If you want a job done properly...."

Anyway, i have seen mention of "priming the fuel filter" "giving it a couple of pumps", etc in response to previous question with people having starting issues. I want to know how one would do this manually...is it an under the bonnet job?

Cavey
Hi Mate

Its under the bonnet at the drivers side(UK) it looks like a rubber bulb type thing thats what you use to prime the filter

·
Registered
390 Posts
bruno1926 said:
cavey76 said:

Cavey
Hi Mate

Its under the bonnet at the drivers side(UK) it looks like a rubber bulb type thing thats what you use to prime the filter
Hi. Welcome. The fuel filter on my Sedona is part of the unit the fuel filter screws to. There is a round top that you press to prime whilst the small 'wing nut' is open. When you see fuel comoing out close the 'wing nut'. Under bonnetL/H/side,as you look at car from front, UK. I will be posting PICS on how to change turbo and water pipes...these include where the fuel filter is.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
stevegx said:
bruno1926 said:
cavey76 said:

Cavey
Hi Mate

Hi. Welcome. The fuel filter on my Sedona is part of the unit the fuel filter screws to. There is a round top that you press to prime whilst the small 'wing nut' is open. When you see fuel comoing out close the 'wing nut'. Under bonnetL/H/side,as you look at car from front, UK. I will be posting PICS on how to change turbo and water pipes...these include where the fuel filter is.
Steve Gx Blackpool
Steve he has the newer kind with the rubber bulb instead of the spring loaded top on the filter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup...took me a few moments longer to find it. Like the pump on a sphygmomanometer.

Thanks all.

Cavey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts