Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a call off a Kia dealer today regarding getting a second hand Stonic, I basically told him that my plans had changed and that it was probably going to be March April before I could look at this change now.

He then said OK "but" Kia had already told the dealership that all new and used cars after BREXIT would be going up by 10%

Anybody had this been told to them????????

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sales spurge! Although I can see price rises after Brexit (if it ever happens!!!) I can't see how KIA will keep customers with a 10% rise. Brand loyalty just isn't enough anymore and KIA would be doing themselves an injustice to put up prices that much. I think the sales person is just plucking a figure from his dark place to make you think twice about waiting, maybe he needs the commission for crimbo pressies 🤷*♂🤷*♂

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
He then said OK "but" Kia had already told the dealership that all new and used cars after BREXIT would be going up by 10%

Can see new car prices rising manufacture based, on a non event. But gives them a perfect excuse.
But used car prices? They are defined by consumer demand, NOT what a manufacture would like.

Sounds to be like typical dealer (enter your own word) :surprise:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Although I can see price rises after Brexit (if it ever happens!!!) I can't see how KIA will keep customers with a 10% rise.
I'm not at all religious but I do get on my knees every night and pray that we remain in the EU.:)

While I have no doubt that if the worst should befall the UK and we find ourselves alone, needing to arrange whatever trade deals we can with any countries prepared to do business with a country that welches on its deals, then knowing that we are absolutely desperate, I think a price rise of only 10% would be fantastic.

For all we know, the other major car makers might decide to levy an extra 20%, in which case Hyundai/KIA would seem like angels of mercy!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have an E-Niro on order for March delivery and my dealer has told me categorically that IT will Not attract any premium. Now that could be because it doesn't come from the EU. Many Kia's are made in Slovakia and may be affected by any EU tariffs.

Costing € 1.6 billion to design and construct, Kia’s state-of-the art European manufacturing facility in Žilina, Slovakia, now caters for almost 54% of European demand for Kia’s extensive product range. Kia’s Žilina facility is home to European production of the best-selling Sportage crossover SUV, Venga compact MPV and cee’d model family (incorporating the cee’d five-door hatch, pro_cee’d three-door and cee’d Sportswagon).

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I had a call off a Kia dealer today regarding getting a second hand Stonic, I basically told him that my plans had changed and that it was probably going to be March April before I could look at this change now.

Disgraceful scaremongering. No-one knows if or when Brexit will happen, and no-one knows what form it will take if/when it does happen so no-one can predict what the consequences will be. That salesperson is misleading you and you should take care to avoid any dealings with him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts