Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get closer to the nitty gritty of placing an order I have a fairly straightforward question for UK owners.

On EV6 is it possible to set the car to precondition at a preset departure time every day (or at least every weekday) on a recurring basis?
Or is there a limit to the number of days you can preset?

·
Registered
421 Posts
As I get closer to the nitty gritty of placing an order I have a fairly straightforward question for UK owners.

On EV6 is it possible to set the car to precondition at a preset departure time every day (or at least every weekday) on a recurring basis?
Or is there a limit to the number of days you can preset?
Usually the answer is yes, but my understanding is that there is a currently a software issue preventing remote heating of the vehicle which is being worked on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are a few screenshots from the Kia Connect app @EV Fan. You can in theory set the heating and defrost to come on every day at a certain time. You can set to come on twice a day with the app.

Although the scheduled climate does come on, it doesn’t really do anything at the moment. On my EV 6 it defrosted the wing mirrors but didn’t do anything for the windscreen and inside the car it was just blowing cold air.

I was at our local Kia dealer today and there is a fix being worked on as @bydandie mentioned, but they didn’t yet have a release date for it.

Font Circle Rectangle Screenshot Number

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few screenshots from the Kia Connect app @EV Fan. You can in theory set the heating and defrost to come on every day at a certain time. You can set to come on twice a day with the app.

Although the scheduled climate does come on, it doesn’t really do anything at the moment. On my EV 6 it defrosted the wing mirrors but didn’t do anything for the windscreen and inside the car it was just blowing cold air.

I was at our local Kia dealer today and there is a fix being worked on as @bydandie mentioned, but they didn’t yet have a release date for it.

View attachment 13534
Thanks for that, very useful.
I'm confident the issues will be resolved before I actually get a car, but can you tell me if you can select multiple days e.g. Mon to Fri, with a single departure time e.g. 6:00, and then have that repeat every week?
Or can you only select a single day and departure time for each departure?
It's a bit of a deal breaker/maker for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that, very useful.
I'm confident the issues will be resolved before I actually get a car, but can you tell me if you can select multiple days e.g. Mon to Fri, with a single departure time e.g. 6:00, and then have that repeat every week?
Or can you only select a single day and departure time for each departure?
It's a bit of a deal breaker/maker for me.
In the first screenshot, each day is highlighted in red to show that I have selected every day. So the preconditioning would come on at 9:40 am (in my example) on each day of the week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the first screenshot, each day is highlighted in red to show that I have selected every day. So the preconditioning would come on at 9:40 am (in my example) on each day of the week.
That's excellent, thank you very much for your response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts