Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tempest has still got some of the wax residue on the wheels from new. I assume its some sort of delivery wax which should have been cleaned off. Whats the best stuff to use to get it off the black wheels, i dont want to go too aggressive ie acid cleaners etc. I have tried polish/t-cut and turps....both seem to get it off a bit - but not cleanly....is there something better?

·
Registered
111 Posts
i had a posh wooden table and polished it with wax polish every few weeks as i did so it became more and more dull i went to an older and wiser chap who said that the dullness was caused by a build up of wax and he recommended white spirit ! it brought off the wax in lumps! pretty amazing to see as it had the proper laquer underneith anyway so all good !another one is meths (methylated spirits)just dont get a atste for the stuff its an orrible hangover(so im told!!) p.s dont know if the stuff on your wheels is a synthetic type wax in which case a hot water jetwash will shift it ,thats what they use to shift the thick waxy finish on vw,s on the sills etc when the pre delivery chaps prep em for the punters!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I have a fear of using the high pressure washers on the car - i know the wheel finish should be tougher....but the with the paint issues i have had.......and knowing my luck!!!. Anyway- i will give the white spirit and meths a try. Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts