Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 sportage. 2Ltr Diesel.I have been having increasing problems with power surges from the engine. As per usual with these faults they are intermittent, so when I took it back to the dealer the surges did not happen "typical!. The fault did not come up on the anaylsis that was taken from the cars computer, so they could not sort it out.
When this power surge happens I can only describe it like the turbo is jammed for a split second under acceleration,then is suddenly let go giving you a huge surge of power. This can happen in any gear. Remember the old cars that we used to say had kangaroo juice in the tank!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so let me know so we can discuss it further.

Thanks

Jaan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found something similar in my 08 4WD. If I drive in granny mode (lightly feathering the throttle) around 1500 to 2000rpm then I can almost get it to jerk/kangaroo. If it's under harder load then its ok. I've put it down to a fuelling thing at that throttle and revs but was wondering what google returned before contacting the garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks,
Pop in and see your dealer .... there's been an update on the ecu software on the Sportage ..... not certain what year and just what the update covers(which system on the car) there's a similar thing happening on the sister engine in the CEED's.

hope this helps ..... Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
StevieP you were right.

Took it to the dealer a demonstrated the issue and they emailed Kia as they have never seen the fault before. The dealer said that Kia was aware of the problem but the dealers couldn't actually do anything. The fault lies bellow the usual dealer control of the ecu software. Within in the week the Kia field engineer was in the area and reprogrammed it.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts