Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two carens an 06 and an 03 both crdi, for some reason the 03 is lacking in power, sounds fine and starts fine and generally runs well, but it feels as if the turbo isn't working much, you don't get that kick if you now what i mean, sort of sluggish? does anybody have any suggestions as to why?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Are you comparing a Mk2 to a Mk3? Or is this a new problem having had the 03 Mk2 for a while now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both mk 2, and the same engine i believe, 06 done nearly 200 thousand miles, owened from new and as good today as when new ,pulls like a train. but the 03 i have only just had, although the engine seem smooth and quiet , no smokin etc, it lacks some power, doesn't have the kick, as if the turbo is not beening turned on fully? and on a motorway will only creep up to top speed, flat out at 95-100. any suggestions?

·
Registered
476 Posts
High mileage, even more than mine get up to!

It's almost impossible to diagnose this kind of problem over the internet, immediate thought is air in the fuel system or a blocked filter, possible electronic/ecu fault, a minefield to be honest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like your kia my 06 is still being used as taxi, and going strong, i rekon 3 year life left in her yet, well thats as long as the council will allow.
The 03 have just had a service new filters etc so that not the problem, can"t be water in fuel running to smooth, but i will be tyring some chemicals to see if the system need flushing in due course. do you know what the two electronic valve do that are situated on the bluk head behind the intercooler, one looks turbo related?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry, no idea what they are!

·
Registered
141 Posts
hi topcat2167

check the small pipe from the turbo actuator for splits.
this will cause this problem and also the egr valve can do this too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts