Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum and wondered if anyone had had a similar problem. My Sedona 2.9 TD has 120,000 miles on the clock (many thanks to me) and has been an ace car till the last few months. It started to loose coolant a year ago but has been fine being topped up regularly with an occasional flush with repair solution.
On Saturday on the motorway it lost revs then picked up again this I took as a warning and pullen into the slow lane, the car then proceeded to loose power and I had to pull onto the hard shoulder and call for rescue. Whilst waiting I stuck my head under the bonnet to see if there was anything obvious and noticed that the expansion bottle was boiling away merrily which then made me look at the temperature gauge which was showing hot. I had not noticed before because it had never gone above half hot in the four years we have had it.

Since then I have reflushed the radiator and coolant and been running it on small journeys but on trying the motorway today it began to lose power and i quickly got back off, found somewhere to pull over and let it cool. I took it to a friend who is a mechanic and he purged the system again and topped it back up and it seems fine. Anyone any ideas why its losing power? I do a lot of mileage on the motorways and love my car but cannot trust it at the moment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Losing revs is a safety mechanism,comes on if engine overheats. You need to find where the coolant is being lost from. If you do not know ,the place to start would be the rear heater pipes.Check the whole length. Including the run over the spare wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts