Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Sedona TS, manual with 18,000 miles.
When accelerating from a standing start or at very low speed say 5 mph there is obvious delay in the engine picking up speed which sometimes annoying when trying to accelerate away from junctions.
Then at times when driving along at say 40 mph and I put my foot down to accelerate away there is the same delay and suddenly the engine picks up like it would do if it was an automatic when it automatically selects a lower gear ratio.
Feels like there is a definite lack of a spontaneous link from the accelerator pedal and the engine management system.
Anyone experienced the same or similar symptoms before I take to the local Kia dealers to check out ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent - well its off to Kia dealers at the weekend to get a software fix.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted the first question and can feed back my update.
Took cart
to Kia service dealers where my car was connected by wi fi to the
garage internet router and the engine was analyzed by Kia direct. The
results confirmed that at the first service the upgrade ECU software
update was not carried out and or failed to make the necessary changes.
The upgrade was then down loaded in 30 mins and that was that. However
the problem still exists so I am intending to book it back in and see
what they say. Cleary Kia are aware of this hesitation problem, but
unable to fix this for me at the moment . What was strange was that
throughout all this the bonnet was never lifted and all the work was
done over the air waves - clever but then agian it didn't work !
I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is booked back in to Kia's on Tuesday 26th May for a thorough ECU check and I will report back on the outcome. Also the air con has stopped working after being recharged just 4 weeks ago so they are to inspect this as well. Just a little dissapointed as I do like the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kia had my car for a day and found a fuel meter valve was causing the problem. This was replaced and the car now runs fine. The car was in Kia's for 5 days in total mainly due to availability of parts which for me was not a problem.
The air con problem is a split pipe under the middle of the car and awaiting replacement pipes all under warranty. It would have been nice if this had been seen when the system was recharged a few weeks earlier and the £75 bill for this I will now raise with Kia's when they complete the necessary air con repairs.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check your service and warranty book, the air con gas is warranted for up to 2 years, even if theres no leak!
If it springs a leak after that it'll still be covered up to end of warranty period.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kia replaced the damaged air con pipes but it took a few weeks for them to get the parts. All sorted and all under warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a similar problem, my air con was re-gassed and 3 days later no cold air, booked into Kia as under warranty but they said its £65 + vat for a diagnostic and only free if found to be not damage only if faulty parts....how do I know though what is wrong, they could tell me anything....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Two problems i found with this issue over power delivery.

1. Turbo (not turbo lag) the turbo if pants

2. IF YOU BRAKE and then accelerate, the on board software thinks you are still braking (EVEN THOUGH your foot is off the brake pedal) when you accelerate

I had a KIA tech guy in my car for around 80 - 100 miles with his laptop plugged in recording problems.

He toldKIA UK, i was try to drive and brake at the same time.

I read the report which they promised to give me in full, looking at the screen shots it's clear there's a conflict in software from the Accelerator and Brake pedal.

KIA UK was rather up-set i understood the graphics.

I've just learnt to live with it now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Has yours had the brake switch recall to fix this sort of problem?
The brake switch has 2 switches, one for lights other for ecu fuel cut, if badly adjusted or faulty this will throw up weird and wonderful power issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts