Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just got an '07 Sportage XS Diesel Automatic which I am delighted with but have lost some toys compared with my previous car and am interested in any potential upgrades possible.
I have already had the Radio replaced with a Chinese Double Din Sat.Nav unit and had a reversing camera fitted. It works great but my question is, was there ever a steering wheel audio remote control fitted to the Sportage. The steering wheel shroud has a pop out panel which echoes the cruise control unit, so it looks as if something was intended to go there.
Other things that would be good are.
Heated Screen Wash Jets and Heated Mirrors.
Any info about these and other things that can be done would be very useful as I can,t find any info about what changed between the various specs----XE-XS-Titan etc.
Many thanks in advance,
Keith

·
Registered
13 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

I have a 57 plate XS which has lots of ""toys""� including
electric heated leather seats and heated wing mirrors. I do not have any remote
for the radio but do have cruise control, very a useful toy. Other extras include
front fog lights, adjustable headlights & climate control. Do you have the
electric sun roof? Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's a pity that KIA UK doesn't support superceded models on their web-site so it is hard to find out details of the older specs. I have a 2009 brochure and the Titan is listed as having the following on top of the XS:

17 in alloys
Privacy glass (yuk!)
Aluminium door scuffs
Heated front seats
Electrochromic rearview mirror & compass
Tilt & slide electric sunroof
ESP

Hope that is of help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies. It would seem that some things were optional extras as I don't have heated seats or mirrors and none of the Titan extras. It would seem the that no models had wheel mounted audio controls . I will just have to turn the radio up the old fashioned way. It is a shame that there is no availability to old model brochures or specifications.
Keith

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blow-in said:
It's a pity that KIA UK doesn't support superceded models on their web-site so it is hard to find out details of the older specs. I have a 2009 brochure and the Titan is listed as having the following on top of the XS:

17 in alloys
Privacy glass (yuk!)
Aluminium door scuffs
Heated front seats
Electrochromic rearview mirror & compass
Tilt & slide electric sunroof
ESP

Hope that is of help.
My 57 plate has all of the above but do not know if these are extras or standard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts