Kia Owners Club Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
If they had refused me supplying the oil I would have changed it myself.

I had an argument once with a dealer who refused to use my oil, they were charging double for the same I could buy from a store it was a very expensive service they were told to match the price or there would be no service they matched it...crooks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Over the past few weeks I noticed a wet spot below the outside edge of the front bumper, I checked it out and found that the windscreen washer pump was leaking, not any of the hoses or connections the plastic on the pump has split causing the leak...what a pain, it will have to go to the dealer for warranty claim even though it can be changed in no time if I had the new pump its only a couple of hoses and a cable connector after all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Good old Kwik Fit...:poop:

I was warned by a mate before going there that this particular branch was hopeless but it was only a puncture repair how could they make a balls of that.

Working for the NHS we get free puncture repairs at the moment I phoned just to check and was told no but I'll give you 10% off, I replied on your website it said free...Ok then he said.

So on arriving at said branch the tyre lad gets in my car with filthy black gloves on and is swiftly told to remove them before touching anything, the repair is completed and on to the wheel balancer...then I spotted they had fitted the tyre back to front the directional orientation was wrong so it had to be taken off and turned around, wheel back on everything good to go except they never wiped down the interior surfaces they had touched I had to ask for disinfecting wipes and did it myself.

But there's more...

Later in the day on the motorway driving at speed there was a big vibration coming from the wheel they had repaired my first thought is the tyre lad had turned the tyre around and not rebalance the wheel...this was correct, I took it back for them to rebalace the wheel so fingers crossed its now OK.

Jesus Christ the levels of imcompetence and lack of covid 19 precautions is off the scale this lot are really really poor and do not deserve anyones money...my repair was free but it would have been even worse if I'd been charged the £25 fee for the repair.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I don't know if anyone has recently run their car through WBAC mine came out with a value of £10600 and was offered the exact same as a trade in.

Now for a car three years old with only 20k miles a GT is a hell of a lot of car for not a lot of money so why sell it I should just run it and get good use from it...stupid notions of £35k Yaris GR4's need to go away.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi Klippie, did you keep your gt. mine has gone now. Gave it to my step son. He is loving it.Took delivery of Toyota Corolla 2 litre hybrid in March. Lovely car, economical and pretty quick when needed. wanted auto so am enjoying that as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hi Klippie, did you keep your gt. mine has gone now. Gave it to my step son. He is loving it.Took delivery of Toyota Corolla 2 litre hybrid in March. Lovely car, economical and pretty quick when needed. wanted auto so am enjoying that as well.
We have been planning a new car since February. Estate or SUV, 180 PS approx and auto. The Corolla 2 litre Hybrid estate looked to fit the bill perfectly so we borrowed one back in July. Brilliant in town, very good on the motorway but in the Peak District on hills it was pretty uncouth when you asked for a burst of speed, not for us. I got out of the car with an aching right ankle but said nothing thinking it was me not adjusting the seat quite right but when the wife had driven it she said exactly the same thing. Then I found references to this issue on the web.

Presume you do not have an issue.

Now back to the topic.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
My poor car...

When I dropped the car off for its recent service and MOT I forgot to tell them not to wash the car, its kept pristine I only wash it with a mitt no pressure washer etc ect.

A couple of weeks after the service I noticed a small scratch on the rear bumper it polished out ok so no worries...the car hadn't been run since the service so I thought I'd have a look at the dashcam footage...they hadn't switched them off I couldn't believe what I saw...blasted with pressure washer and cleaned with a brush on a pole.

This is a main dealer by the way...they do not give one flying fuck about your car whilst in their so called "care"

Workwear High-visibility clothing Infrastructure Water Yellow

Cloud Sky Asphalt Mode of transport Rolling

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
On and off for the past year I've been looking to sell my GT I got zero interest in it..WBAC offered less than £10K at one point for a low miles 17plate GT but recently with all this nonsense going on the prices have firmed up quite a bit the last quote was £12K...just a few weeks ago I had it on Autotrader for £12.5K just one tyre kicker called about it.

So this got me thinking...I went to one of the bigger Kia dealers and asked if they were looking for stock, the sales manager was interested and bettered WBAC's price by £500...happy days and its now gone.

I've enjoyed my time with the GT its been a great car but it would seem they are not sought after on the used market, a Focus ST and the likes are much more desirable cars.

I feel I've been very lucky to get £12.5k for my car this time next year may be very different for used car prices.

Anyway goodbye to everyone...keep enjoying your GT's..!!!

Oh I have a K&N panel filter if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
946 Posts
On and off for the past year I've been looking to sell my GT I got zero interest in it..WBAC offered less than £10K at one point for a low miles 17plate GT but recently with all this nonsense going on the prices have firmed up quite a bit the last quote was £12K...just a few weeks ago I had it on Autotrader for £12.5K just one tyre kicker called about it.

So this got me thinking...I went to one of the bigger Kia dealers and asked if they were looking for stock, the sales manager was interested and bettered WBAC's price by £500...happy days and its now gone.

I've enjoyed my time with the GT its been a great car but it would seem they are not sought after on the used market, a Focus ST and the likes are much more desirable cars.

I feel I've been very lucky to get £12.5k for my car this time next year may be very different for used car prices.

Anyway goodbye to everyone...keep enjoying your GT's..!!!

Oh I have a K&N panel filter if anyone is interested.
Sad to see one sold, I still love mine. What are you moving on to? I had a similar experience recently trying to get rid of a standard fiesta. Priced below others, I had watchers but nothing solid. Wbac has gone up another £500 since then and might now be the easiest option. We're in no rush so might see where prices get too.

How much use has the filter had? I'd be interested depending on price. Message me and we can sort that way.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
...I still love mine....
Seconded!

Took me a little while to progress from 'like' to 'love', but yes I find it difficult now to think of parting from it. One of the advantages (judging by 76 posts elsewhere) is it is not blighted with UVO (or a DCT, or an EPB...)!

Reactions: ArthurCollins2

·
Registered
67 Plate ProCeed GT - Red
40 Posts
Seconded!

Took me a little while to progress from 'like' to 'love', but yes I find it difficult now to think of parting from it. One of the advantages (judging by 76 posts elsewhere) is it is not blighted with UVO (or a DCT, or an EPB...)!
I can't believe how used prices have gone bonkers. I was considering an Audi A5 convertible this time last year - typically £19k - now £26k+! Wished I bought 10 - what an return on an investment!

Fortunately lock down enabled me to pay off the finance and I bought a two year service package and I'll still have another year of warranty after that so sticking with my GT for a few more years. I don't necessarily love it, but what else is out there - sporty with three doors at sensible money?

Don't even get me on SUV/Gretamobiles :mad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I can't believe how used prices have gone bonkers. I was considering an Audi A5 convertible this time last year - typically £19k - now £26k+! Wished I bought 10 - what an return on an investment!

Fortunately lock down enabled me to pay off the finance and I bought a two year service package and I'll still have another year of warranty after that so sticking with my GT for a few more years. I don't necessarily love it, but what else is out there - sporty with three doors at sensible money?

Don't even get me on SUV/Gretamobiles :mad:
Prices are good just now...but remember this will all come crashing down big style...then it will be the time to buy.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Hopefully a GR Yaris...I had a brief drive in one and its something I must have.
Oh very nice. When the deals were good at Toyota (before all the rave reviews) I was sorely tempted. Deal-breaker though was the omission of a rear wiper... ;)

101 - 120 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.