Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My current deal on a Honda Civic is coming to an end in April, and I need something bigger more space as I recently had a new addition to the family.

I am looking for a deal on a new Kia Sportage GT-Line S ( always loved the look of them ) but don't know how they drive, and as we can't do any test drive currently.

It's a long shot, but I wondered if anyone here moved from a Honda civic to Sportage and the difference in feel.

Appreciate any response.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I moved from an Audi A3 Sportback (auto) to the Sportage GT Line S petrol. . Different type of drive all together. It has made me a more relaxed driver - but the Sportage has a surprising turn of speed when you press the "sport" button. Love the more elevated driving position and all the toys, but don't buy if your main concern is fuel consumption!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I moved from an Audi A3 Sportback (auto) to the Sportage GT Line S petrol. . Different type of drive all together. It has made me a more relaxed driver - but the Sportage has a surprising turn of speed when you press the "sport" button. Love the more elevated driving position and all the toys, but don't buy if your main concern is fuel consumption!
Thanks for the response I suspect it will be more of a relaxed drive and it will mostly used for just small trips with the odd long drive so no commuting which so fuel consumption wouldn't be an issue. May I ask what made you move from the A3 to the Sportage?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went from a Mercedes A Class AMG to the Sportage GT Line S 1.6T petrol.
Would agree with unionjack's comments - more relaxed - gearbox quite lazy in comparison with the AMG - economy isn't great but altogether it's a superb bit of kit.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
I am not in such elevated company, I swapped from a Vauxhall Insignia estate, but I can tell you the load space is very good. With the use of the reclining rear seat facility, lifting the back more upright, I managed four passengers, with four large suitcases, without any problem. I will admit it was only a 30 mile trip to drop my sister/brother in law off for a cruise trip. I am on my second Sportage and still enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi The prime reason for the move from the A3 to the Sportage was the higher driving position. My wife sold her MX5 for a Smart car and liked the more elevated driving position in that. The A3 was due a replacement and I would have happily have had another, as it did great service over the 8 years I owned it. However once I decided on an SUV and did the rounds (VW, Mazda, Nissan, Skoda etc) the Sportage looked a really good value package. It had all the toys I wanted (including some I could do without). Fuel consumption was a bit of a shock after the A3 - about 25 to 27 on running around and 33 ish on long trips. But I knew that before I purchased (thanks to this site) so I went into it with my eyes open. Not an issue at the moment (as others have said here) - I'm getting about 3 weeks to the gallon currently! Would replace it with another one if it disappeared overnight - although the new 2021 Hyundai Tucson looks very tasty - and comes in 2wd if a 4x4 is not a requirement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies I think I am heading in the direction of pulling the trigger on one but will wait till March to make sure I get the best deal possible. My friend has sportage, a 2016 one and I loved but never driven one.

The extra boot and seating space is definitely what I am looking for along with the elevated position.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the replies I think I am heading in the direction of pulling the trigger on one but will wait till March to make sure I get the best deal possible. My friend has sportage, a 2016 one and I loved but never driven one.

The extra boot and seating space is definitely what I am looking for along with the elevated position.
Don't forget that the new Sportage is out later this year so remind the Salesperson and get a killer deal. June release according to a newspaper today.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Admittedly i've never seen the boot of the latest Civic but my sister had the 2005 5 door hatchback Civic. And from experience i got an awful lot more in the civic than i ever did in the Sporty. Struggled to safely get two (admittedly big) pushchairs in Sportage but no problem in the Civic. Boot was much longer and deeper.
Suppose it depends on personal needs but i found the Sportage boot surprisingly small for size of car.
But the layoff is that there's a lot of room in the car, especially spacious for back seat passengers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Admittedly i've never seen the boot of the latest Civic but my sister had the 2005 5 door hatchback Civic. And from experience i got an awful lot more in the civic than i ever did in the Sporty. Struggled to safely get two (admittedly big) pushchairs in Sportage but no problem in the Civic. Boot was much longer and deeper.
Suppose it depends on personal needs but i found the Sportage boot surprisingly small for size of car.
But the layoff is that there's a lot of room in the car, especially spacious for back seat passengers.
I believe the current Sportage is bigger, my current Civic 2018 Sport plus(420 litres) struggles to get a buggy and anything else it simply doesn't work its a struggle. Plus missus wants higher seating position which I believe is the bigger driver here she wants it as now we have a little one easier to get in and out :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts