Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 (JD) Cee’d’s keyless entry on the drivers side is very very weak compared to the passenger side, I have to have the fob within an inch of the handle but the passenger door works fine when it’s in a bag or pocket for example.

Is it possible to replace the antenna in the handles or does it require a whole new handle and then paired to my existing smart key?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is an antenna inside front door handles that can be easily changed and is available seperately. They dont need coded either
I’ve managed to remove the antenna from the handle but I had ordered the wrong part which was apparently for a ProCeed of the same year 🤷‍♂️, I tried to search for the exact part number of the antenna in mine and I couldn’t find it anywhere at all, so what I had to do is switch around the antenna and put the weak/faulty drivers handle antenna into the passenger handle and vice versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.