Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Possible new Picanto

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnP_Ceed 
#1 ·
Hi,

Looking for help.

My wife is thinking of buying a GT Line S and I was looking for advice on which engine to go for?

Thanks

#2 ·
1.0 Turbo.

Its a cracking engine when in the Picanto.

Daughters previous Picanto was a 1.2 and she was pleased with it. But the grin she has now is massive. She just loves the way it pulls away and the traffic light GP has a few shocks for some.
MPG is good as well. See sig.

#3 ·
Thumbs up for the 1.0 turbo. It really makes the car fun to drive. The 1.2 will be slightly more economical but the turbo engine makes the car feel faster than what it is. No worries about pulling out into gaps or overtaking and it's surprisingly good going up hills as well.

As iooi says, it's a great engine and although it's no hot hatch, it only weighs just over a tonne, so it's 98 BHP is more than adequate.

#4 ·
Thumbs up for the 1.0 turbo. It really makes the car fun to drive. The 1.2 will be slightly more economical but the turbo engine makes the car feel faster than what it is. No worries about pulling out into gaps or overtaking and it's surprisingly good going up hills as well.

As iooi says, it's a great engine and although it's no hot hatch, it only weighs just over a tonne, so it's 98 BHP is more than adequate.
We have both the 1.2 auto and the 1.0 T manual. The 1.0 is more economical the way we use them!

#7 ·
I have a GT line S 1.25 manual

I took both for long test drives and much preferred it to the 1 litre turbo, which felt really highly strung and (to me) sounded awful. I really fear for the longevity of these tiny turbo'd engines.

My advice. Drive them both and get the one you like the best!

#8 ·
Thanks Guys,

Well as loftylad suggested, today my wife drove both engine variants and she by far preferred the 1.0T GDI.

Deal done. Titanium Silver GT-Line S. I'll let you know when (He) arrives :wink:

Reactions: Mac234 and iooi
#13 ·
130bhp? Not sure my wife would go for that :surprise:

She's more than happy with the 99bhp :smile_big:

#16 ·
He’s arrived ?
Just waiting for some better/drier weather to take some photos. Wife is over the moon ?

Reactions: BAWITHLOT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.