Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Kia Customer support,
I was wondering if Kia have any plans to improve the quality of the material used for seatbelts in their cars? I have already had to have one replaced and I have another which is on its way out. This is not good for a car that is less than two years old. The material seems to be very thin compared to that usedin other cars and it seems particularly vulnerable to wear from the fitting of child seats.

Regards,

M4

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hi M4trundler<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We're sorry to hear that you've had problems with
the seatbelts in your car.

So we can look into this further for you I'd ask if
you could send us a private message or give us a call with your car details and
we can take it from there.

Either way please make sure customer
services are made aware of your forum screen name so we can make reference to
this post.

Thanks again for getting in touch - we
look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm

Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm

Friday: 8.30am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 1pm

Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a problem that's been bugging me for a while as I don't feel comfortable about putting the child's car seat in the car anymore. Last year I had to have one of the rear seatbelts replaced under warranty. I thought it was a one off. But then I noticed the rear seat belt on the other side starting to split too. I investigated a bit and realised what is happening. When the child seat is fitted to the car it's quite difficult to avoid the belt folding over on itself when it goes through the fittings of the seat. This can easily lead to the belt splitting along it's length where it is folded over. The material is also very soft, so the plastic clamp on the seat which stops the belt slipping through the attachments often leaves marks on the belt. I have never had this probelm with other cars and so I'm a bit concerned. At the moment it's possible to get the belt changed under warranty, but in another year my warranty will expire and I don't want to be faced with the bill of replacing seat belts myself.
I'm very busy this week but will pm you next week.

Regards,

M4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts