Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Super Moderator
Given you are looking at a electric heater, you would think it was a simple fix. Unless the issue is not the heater & somehow tied into the heat pump & scavenging the heat from the batteries to heat the car messing it all up.

Always found that different cars require different heat settings to get the same comfort result. Rule of thumb seems to be the bigger the car inside, that you need to use a higher heat setting to get that nice comfortable warmth.

Registered
Given you are looking at a electric heater, you would think it was a simple fix. Unless the issue is not the heater & somehow tied into the heat pump & scavenging the heat from the batteries to heat the car messing it all up.

Always found that different cars require different heat settings to get the same comfort result. Rule of thumb seems to be the bigger the car inside, that you need to use a higher heat setting to get that nice comfortable warmth.
My theory on this is that Kia were aware of issues with the EV6 but wanted to get it to market ahead of the release of the Tesla model Y to get the sales, knowing that any issues would be fixed with OTA software updates, except that OTA isn't in place yet and the heating issues could involve hardware upgrade, it appears that the european market is guinea pig to sort all issues out before release to the North american market.

Registered
Car went back to dealer on Friday to get heating sorted and possibly High Beam Assist, left the car at the dealer as they said it would be a couple of weeks before they would have a fix, I was not prepared to use the car in current weather conditions with no heating and 2weeks seems optimistic as they don't have a fix yet!! Not likely to get it sorted this side of Jan, in the mean time dealer has given me a Sportage petrol model to use until EV6 is fixed, asked for an EV any EV but none available. The lights on the Sportage are a lot quicker to dip but I suspect it's because the elements are not as complicated as on the EV6.
Update this morning, my car is the one that needs a new part fitting to sort the cabin non heating issues, needs to be ordered and will be at least a couple of weeks before it can be sorted, so will need to keep the Sportage and fill it with PETROL!!! Has anyone had the part fitted yet and has it fixed the problem?
At least I can keep an eye on the car through the UVO app and check on the status and see if it has been powered on and driven etc.

Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD HP
Update this morning, my car is the one that needs a new part fitting to sort the cabin non heating issues, needs to be ordered and will be at least a couple of weeks before it can be sorted, so will need to keep the Sportage and fill it with PETROL!!! Has anyone had the part fitted yet and has it fixed the problem?
At least I can keep an eye on the car through the UVO app and check on the status and see if it has been powered on and driven etc.
Has the part been replaced yet? If so has it resolved the issue with the heating. I have had an EV6 for 2 months now have driven approx 4500miles and experienced exactly the same issues. Have had the dealer look at a couple of times and today was told they are still waiting for a fix from Kia HQ!

Registered
Has the part been replaced yet? If so has it resolved the issue with the heating. I have had an EV6 for 2 months now have driven approx 4500miles and experienced exactly the same issues. Have had the dealer look at a couple of times and today was told they are still waiting for a fix from Kia HQ!
No still waiting, keep checking the UVO app and no movement on the car will call the dealer tomorrow for an update. I have heard on other forums that new EV6鈥檚 arriving at the ports are getting the fixes before delivery to customers, if this is the case, not happy with the way Kia are dealing with this and will let Kia UK know.

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
I just thought I'd mention that the heater on my Sportage T-gdi works fantastically well with lots of heat/fan/route options. In fact, I have to turn the heated seat down to '1 blob' after a few minutes as it gets my cheeks too warm even at -2掳C outside temperature.
Hope this is helpful to all cold ev drivers. :ROFLMAO:
Do any other ICE engined vehicle owners have words of encouragement to offer?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: MerlinL14 and iooi

Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD HP
No still waiting, keep checking the UVO app and no movement on the car will call the dealer tomorrow for an update. I have heard on other forums that new EV6鈥檚 arriving at the ports are getting the fixes before delivery to customers, if this is the case, not happy with the way Kia are dealing with this and will let Kia UK know.
Please share any Kia UK contact details, I would like to express my views to them particularly if there is a known fix they have a moral obligation to contact all known owners to arrange sorting! Thank you.

Super Moderator
Do any other ICE engined vehicle owners have words of encouragement to offer?
A EV should be even better given it is just a Electric fan heater. So does not require a engine to warm water to create heat in the car....

Super Moderator
Please share any Kia UK contact details, I would like to express my views to them particularly if there is a known fix they have a moral obligation to contact all known owners to arrange sorting! Thank you.
Kia contact can be found on any post made by Kia Customer Service. Pop into

And you will find then all (y)

Registered
Finally got my car back today with new inverter fitted and all software updates done, heating was fine on the 20 minute drive back from the dealer but will reserve judgement for the 6am commute to work, hopefully all will be warm and cosy but will update tomorrow. It鈥檚 good to drive an EV again馃榾.
One thing I will say is that I called Kia UK on a couple of occasions to get an update on the fix, but they were extremely unhelpful and refused to accept any responsibility for the issues. They just kept saying that it was the dealers responsibility to keep me informed as to the progress, with that attitude I can see Kia losing a lot of sales. On forums people are already cancelling orders and moving to other manufacturers because of delayed delivery times. Come on Kia get your finger out, customer satisfaction should be your No 1 priority.

Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD HP
Finally got my car back today with new inverter fitted and all software updates done, heating was fine on the 20 minute drive back from the dealer but will reserve judgement for the 6am commute to work, hopefully all will be warm and cosy but will update tomorrow. It鈥檚 good to drive an EV again馃榾.
One thing I will say is that I called Kia UK on a couple of occasions to get an update on the fix, but they were extremely unhelpful and refused to accept any responsibility for the issues. They just kept saying that it was the dealers responsibility to keep me informed as to the progress, with that attitude I can see Kia losing a lot of sales. On forums people are already cancelling orders and moving to other manufacturers because of delayed delivery times. Come on Kia get your finger out, customer satisfaction should be your No 1 priority.
That鈥檚 encouraging, mine is being worked on tomorrow. I agree with your comments about KIA UK shirking responsibility they should be contacting and sorting for all EV6 customers. A query though- Have you had poor experiences with the remote climate control? Mine fails to get the cabin to temp which I鈥檓 hoping will resolve once this fix has been completed.

Registered
That鈥檚 encouraging, mine is being worked on tomorrow. I agree with your comments about KIA UK shirking responsibility they should be contacting and sorting for all EV6 customers. A query though- Have you had poor experiences with the remote climate control? Mine fails to get the cabin to temp which I鈥檓 hoping will resolve once this fix has been completed.
TBH I haven鈥檛 had a chance to use the remote climate control yet, but will do over the next few days, while checking to ensure everything is working as has been reported on forums.
Also anyone know what the heat button does as the heating works without this and the dealer told me you don鈥檛 need to press this to get cabin heat but couldn鈥檛 tell me when to use this.

Registered
Yes part fitted but still not working ! Dealer said there is an issue with the fuse and master technician looking into it, but said it is all so new to them ! On the job training 馃檪

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
Oh dear. I'm sure all this electrickery and technolology will never catch on.
I'm pleased I retired away from it several years ago.

Reactions: Normski68

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
'Should' being the operative word. Perhaps Kia forgot that it gets cowd here in winter.
Purple Violet Automotive lighting Font Magenta

Reactions: Normski68

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
Should be pretty simple to heat a EV. Same as a fan heater in the house...
You may have solved the problem - leave the Vehicle to Load connection in and run a cable through the back window to a fan heater! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: iooi
21 - 40 of 56 Posts