Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a 240 mile round trip today, the heater worked for maybe 40 miles of the return trip but otherwise it just blew cold air despite being set to 27C. I see other people have been having the same issues on the FB EV6 group, my car was already booked in for another investigation on Saturday, the heater has been added to the list.

Super Moderator
Is it set to scavenge heat from the battery pack?

Registered
I鈥檝e found that the heating only really works in normal mode, in eco mode it blows on half power and doesn鈥檛 cut the mustard.
Is there an option for a heat pump? Do you have electric seats?

Super Moderator
Check this out from 14:46 bit of waffle but a very good explanation of the problem. At the end how to get round it. (y)

1st part is good as well if you have noticed charging going off at times, as to why.

Reactions: Zebster

Registered
Tsk. Progress, eh?

So hot in my fossil tonight I had to open the window.
LOL - same yesterday for me - driving back from the gliding club in our 2005 vitara - ambient temp was +2 deg c at 1530,I was lovely and warm/cosy and had both windows cracked open for some fresh air with the heater set to 'warmish'.
You do not get anything for nothing !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car was at dealer's this morning, fault codes were found relating to the heating, turns out there are numerous reports on Kia's internal system on this issue and a replacement "air-conditioning inverter" is being produced which should resolve the issue, I hope they pull their finger out, 3C this morning, heating set to 27C and cold air starts coming out. I don't seem able to have heating for more than 5 - 10 mins before it starts blowing cold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts