Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my previous post about charging I contacted the KIA UK service department, aired my grievance and got the following reply.

"The Owners Manual is a generic handbook. Alsoeach Country has variations. Their opinion is theDealer is correct in trying to charge me as their UK service schedule omits the front brakes on the 2nd service."

When I asked how we can find out what is and isn't covered they told me that the Dealer would provide the schedule on demand.

So Basically, the dealer can decide what is extra! The Owners Manual is useless.

And finally...if anyone is going to source a Kia, the Dealer I have had issues with is...

BENFIELD MOTORS

Newcastle upon Tyne

ps. They also wanted to charge me £32 for windscreen wipers!

!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Chess,

sorry to hear about your trouble with Benfield motors, that is the dealer I bought my Echo with in November. I didn't bother with the service contract but will need to get it done sometime, does anyone know what our service options are, if not through a main dealer?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The Kia dealer who did my second service did not charge me extra for anything at all,this was GK at Worksop who also serviced my other car which at that time was a Ford on a three year service plan two years ago and they covered everything on the normal Ford service shedule.They also filled the Kia with fully synthetic oil at no extra cost and cleaned it.I still have the original wipers and £32 is bloody expensive , Halfords are Bosh and are half that fitted they are just greedy at the dealersand do not deserve any trade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts