Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s other people experience with Kia customer performance?
Mine isn’t good.
Purchased as brand new Stonic at the end of Oct and all was well for 3 weeks. Since then it’s been back at the dealer with a misfire. They are not able to find the fault and are talking to the Kia technical people, no joy. I contact Kia to discuss the issue and promised a call back and nothing. Went to the dealer and spoke to them, they contacted them and again promised a call back.
Now at the point where I have written to the finance company to reject the vehicle and ask for a refund.
Based upon the experience so far I suspect I’ll need to start legal action.
Very disappointed.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sounds familiar, unless it throws up a fault code nothing they can do. I have a very poor tick over, to the point of cutting out. Dealer has contacted kia technical. It’s a characteristic of the car they say. Oh ok, but it’s only been doing it for the last 6 months and the car is 4 years old with only 20,000 miles. In my opinion no point in having a 7 year warranty if they can’t fix things. I have had other issues too numerous to list, all listed on this forum over the last 4 years. I have loved this car as much as any I have owned but it has been the most unreliable I have ever had. Don’t be messed about, and if you are going to reject the car don’t leave it too long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already sent the letter to the finance company to reject the vehicle.
Quoted the my consumer rights to reject within 30 days and requested a full refund.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
How’s other people experience with Kia customer performance?
Mine isn’t good.
Purchased as brand new Stonic at the end of Oct and all was well for 3 weeks. Since then it’s been back at the dealer with a misfire. They are not able to find the fault and are talking to the Kia technical people, no joy. I contact Kia to discuss the issue and promised a call back and nothing. Went to the dealer and spoke to them, they contacted them and again promised a call back.
Now at the point where I have written to the finance company to reject the vehicle and ask for a refund.
Based upon the experience so far I suspect I’ll need to start legal action.
Very disappointed.
You said in your first post that the car was fine for 3 weeks then started giving issues. So I presume that you must have written the letter of rejection to the dealer within the next week, any more than 28 days and they have the legal right to deduct a fair sum of money for the use you have had

Already sent the letter to the finance company to reject the vehicle.
Quoted the my consumer rights to reject within 30 days and requested a full refund.
But you have said twice that you have written to the finance company. As far as I am aware it is the seller you have to write to to reject but you can involve the finance company since they also have ab interest in the car.

If you have not written to the seller I suspect you will have missed the 28 days get out of jail free card and will now be rejecting under the 28 days to 6 months rules which are not as easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts