Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve decided to change the cabin pollen filter on my 2017 Sportage and whilst it is easy enough I can’t find in any of the instructions which direction the arrow on the filter should face, down or up! There seems to be conflicting opinions on the net and it’s not mentioned in the manual either.

any ideas ???

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,055 Posts
I had the same problem with my Picanto. In the end I turned the fan on without the filter in place and felt which way the wind blew, so to speak.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Same way as it came out?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,055 Posts
Same way as it came out?
I'm ashamed to say I did not look ... However logic and wind direction told me the air flow is downwards otherwise the filter would not trap anything once the fan was turned off as it would all just fall down again.

Reactions: iooi and Turnup

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Never seen a pollen filter with air flow upwards. As phil866 suggested all the crud will fall down and not be trapped

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’ve decided to change the cabin pollen filter on my 2017 Sportage and whilst it is easy enough I can’t find in any of the instructions which direction the arrow on the filter should face, down or up! There seems to be conflicting opinions on the net and it’s not mentioned in the manual either.

any ideas ???
According to the videos on YouTube the arrow should point down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts