Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post! Just picked up a '10 reg Cee'd 3 1.6 crdi from TriangleKiain Chesterfield for a very reasonable £11K with 9k on the clock. I've got to say I'm very pleased with it. The interior is beautiful, it drives really well, looks good and pretty frugal on juice to boot!

My old car (Audi A4) was written off in an accident in December and I'd been looking for a replacement for a few weeks when I saw the review for the Cee'd. I took a test drive and was well impressed. I do about 20K a year through work so I needed something that was good on juice and had a good warranty, so it was a toss up between the I30 and the Cee'd. I plumped for the Cee'd in the end and I think it was the right choice.

Everyone at work has been taking the p!5s and saying 'Why don't you get a usedBMWorAudi?' I did think about it, but for 11K you'd get, say, a four year old 3 series with 60 or 70K on it and no warranty. It's a bit of a no brainer for me really. The lads at work haven't seen it yet, but I think they'll be surprised by the quality when they do!

There's too many badge snobs out there!

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on with it!

Cheers

Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jackie

It is the 114bhp 6 speed version. I've had it a couple of weeks now and overall I'm very pleased. The only issue I have is that I'm not too impressed with the MPG. I'm averaging about 47 MPG and that's mostly motorways and A roads on my way to work. I was expecting at least 50 :/

It's due it's first service at the end of March so I'll get it checked out then!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts