Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post! Just picked up a '10 reg Cee'd 3 1.6 crdi from TriangleKiain Chesterfield for a very reasonable £11K with 9k on the clock. I've got to say I'm very pleased with it. The interior is beautiful, it drives really well, looks good and pretty frugal on juice to boot!

My old car (Audi A4) was written off in an accident in December and I'd been looking for a replacement for a few weeks when I saw the review for the Cee'd. I took a test drive and was well impressed. I do about 20K a year through work so I needed something that was good on juice and had a good warranty, so it was a toss up between the I30 and the Cee'd. I plumped for the Cee'd in the end and I think it was the right choice.

Everyone at work has been taking the p!5s and saying 'Why don't you get a usedBMWorAudi?' I did think about it, but for 11K you'd get, say, a four year old 3 series with 60 or 70K on it and no warranty. It's a bit of a no brainer for me really. The lads at work haven't seen it yet, but I think they'll be surprised by the quality when they do!

There's too many badge snobs out there!

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on with it!

Cheers

Michael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good choice. In these days of economic uncertainty there should be little room for badge snobbery but unfortunately it still exists. I am on my 2nd Kia, first being a Rio, now a Cee'd and I love it. Great engine, comfortable, starts first time and gets me from A to B quickly, safely and reliably. I did consider the badge thing but my Cee'd has, literally, everything I need and I'm actually now a proud Kia owner.

15 years ago Samsung and LG were 'brands' nobody had heard of. Remind me who are now the biggest global producers of LCD TV's? And quality too. Both Korean by the way.

Ignore the badge. Enjoy the car.

Life is simple. People make it complicated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi michael good choice on your car many years of trouble free mortoring for you tell me what sort of milage do you get from it is this the 114 bhp with the 6 speed gear box regards jackie

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also a happy Cee'd owner! I used to drive a Toyota Verso, needed the space andreliabilityand all that! After 5 years needed to change it as it had done over 160 000KM so around 100 000 Miles. I looked at another Toyota Verso, but here in Belgium you get taxed a lot more if the engine size of the car is above a certain limit. The smallest engine they did was a 2 litre diesel. So looked at the VW SPAM Estate and then the Kia Cee'd. Picked the Kia due to the long warranty compared to the VW at only 2 years! Must admit i am very happy indeed and its the first car i have had that i have not had to go back to the garage complaining about problems! Even the Verso had to go back for a new Airbag computer and new clutch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jackie

It is the 114bhp 6 speed version. I've had it a couple of weeks now and overall I'm very pleased. The only issue I have is that I'm not too impressed with the MPG. I'm averaging about 47 MPG and that's mostly motorways and A roads on my way to work. I was expecting at least 50 :/

It's due it's first service at the end of March so I'll get it checked out then!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Micheal yes i agree with you on the mpg i get about 45 thats with mostly motorway driving but am going to get this one remapped to be honest i thought with the 6 speed gears i would have got better mpg after all they quote 67 .1 overall plus i dont drive it hard .must admit it is a nice car to drive and plenty of room i have done a boot build for my stereo stystem which sounds really well would recomend the kia will let you know how the remapped performs soon regards Jackie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts