Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Please help. Two different brake pads!?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KIA Parts Direct 
#1 ·
I am fitting new discs and pads but the caliper won't fully go in. I just noticed there are two different pads in the set. Please see photo. One has a notch in the corner the other doesn't. Which one goes on the piston end? Ie inside?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Pretty much what I did. I didn't look at the old pads when I pulled them out. Put was pretty obvious when I switched them around.
The one with the notch (top pad) goes on the inside. The notch would stop the arms of the caliper from fully fitting in.

Also, the whole process is super tight! The manual says to take disconnect handbrake cable (which would take a **** of a force) but I had to do both sides on the scissor jack.

#5 ·
I found my piccanto rear pads super tight when fitting new ones. disconnected all the brakes line fixtures I could (without loss of fluid) to give bit more movement. My pads had a 'pimple' on the pad that must fit into the piston cut out to make it all fit. Piston was rusted to the pad and seized at 42K miles. dealer serviced so far but they never do any maintenance that I would do myself. Brake nipple seized as well I see.
Rears are tricky due to handbrake.

#6 ·
I managed to do it without having to disconnect anything. Lucky, because I could not budge the handbrake cable at all. Looks like its siezed onto the the caliper hook. I loosened the handbrake from the inside which helped a little, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.